Translation help please - email message needed

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Delbruns

Translation help please - email message needed

Postby Delbruns » 27 Mar 2006, 04:58

Hi everyone: I found a map on the Internet for the very small (mountain) town I am researching. Across the top of the map it says "Pianta Del Comune". Along the bottom it says "superficio: 25,000 ha (collina interna)". Also, there are many notations along the right side that seem to indicate the Churches in this town. If a Church name has a double SS in it, what does that mean? "Chiesa del SS. Crocifisso" is one of them.
Also, I got a very helpful response to my post in the Locations forum regarding whether or not cars are permitted in this small town of Giuliana. Wldspirit suggested I write an email to the commune and was kind enough to give me the address. Can anyone out there compose a short email for me in Italian so that I can be sure I'm asking the right question. I need to know if I can drive a car around the town since I will be traveling with my elderly mother. Thank you and best regards to all, Julia

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Translation help please - email message needed

Postby ricbru » 27 Mar 2006, 05:08

You can write the following email:

Egregio signor Sindaco,
desidero sapere se è possibile girare in automobile dentro il paese di Giuliana.
Vi pongo questa domanda poichè dovrei spostarmi all'interno del paese per accompagnare la mia anziana madre, che ha difficoltà nel camminare a piedi.
In attesa di riscontro porgo distinti saluti
Julia

translation:

Dear Mayor,
I would like to know if it is possible to drive by car through the village of Giuliana. I ask this question to you because I need to bring my elderly mother around, who has problems to walk.
I'll wait for you kind reply.
Yours truly
Julia

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo

Delbruns

Re: Translation help please - email message needed

Postby Delbruns » 27 Mar 2006, 05:37

grazie once again riccardo ... and best regards, Julia

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”