Translation from Sicilian to English?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Translation from Sicilian to English?

Postby Messina51 » 06 May 2006, 03:47

Hello, I found this address with some pictures: Mitt. Crisafulli Anna in Perroni, Via Orti N:20, 98054, Furnari, Messina, Italia. Is Perroni her married last name? Anna is my grandmother's sister, and we know she was married but not her last name. Also, this was with some pictures in very small writing: Quelli che souo a sinistra souo Nino e Anna, quelli a destra souo Salvatore e Fillippo, cioe il terro, quelli davauti souo Mattia e Carmelo. And, tuo coguato: I see these two words a lot between my grandmother and her sisters. I appreciate any help in translating, but thanks either way.
Messina51

Re: Translation from Sicilian to English?

Postby suanj » 06 May 2006, 11:06

yes Perroni is married surname of Anna Crisafulli;
the persons in sx(of picture) are Nino and Anna, the persons to dx ( of picture) are Salvatore and Filippo ( the 3°), the person in ahead are Mattia and Carmelo; your brother in law..
the language is italian and no sicilian dialect, are some errors in trascripting (sono and no souo; cognato and no coguato9 but very comprensible.. regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Translation from Sicilian to English?

Postby Messina51 » 07 May 2006, 03:44

Hello Suanj: Thank you so much for the translation! Finding Anna's family is a major goal for us. She had 9 children that we know about from pictures. I'll check out Furnari for Perroni"s. Thanks again for your help.
Messina51

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations