CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME TRANSLATE A LETTER I WANT TO SEND

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Marianne316
Rookie
Rookie

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME TRANSLATE A LETTER I WANT TO SEND

Post by Marianne316 »

I am looking to send several form letters to possible relatives in Petrizzi - I found their names and addresses on www.paginebianche.it - I would like to send it in both English & Italian and my Italian is pretty weak - can someone help?

My name is Marianne Baiocchi, and I am a 3rd generation Italian-American. Presently I am researching my family history. My great-grandmother was from your town. I am looking for any information that may help me in my research. Perhaps you, too, were related to her. Unfortunately, I do not know much about this person. I only know her name and limited information given to me by my grandmother, her daughter.

My great-grandmother’s name was Bettina Condo. Her father’s name was Giovanni Condo and her mother’s name was Rosa Piperata. She was born and raised in Petrizzi. She had two sisters Filomena Condo (Sestito) and Maria Condo (Alia) and a brother Francesco Condo. Bettina was born May 27th, 1882. She married Antonio Paravati. She emigrated to America and arrived in the USA in November 1907. She and her husband, along with her sisters and their husbands, lived in Philadelphia, PA, USA, until her death on September 9th, 1931. Her brother Francesco came to America for a period of time but did return to Italy and is now buried there.

If you were related to this woman through your own family, then I would appreciate any information about her, our shared family, or any relations still living today. I am especially interested in learning more Please feel free to reach me at my mailing address or email address listed below. Under my address I have listed the other people to which this letter was sent. Please pass along this information to other relatives that may not be listed below but whom you feel may be interested in helping me.

I apologize if this letter has reached you in error if we are not of the same family, but wish you and your family well!

Thank you,
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME TRANSLATE A LETTER I WANT TO

Post by ricbru »

Hello,
here there is the translation

Il mio nome è Marianne Baiocchi e sono una Italo-Americana di terza generazione. Attualmente sto effettuando una ricerca sulla mia storia di famiglia. Mia bisnonna proveniva dalla vostra città. Sto cercando tutte le informazioni che possono aiutarmi nella mia ricerca. Forse, anche, siete imparentato con lei. Purtroppo, non ho molte informazioni su questa persona. Conosco soltanto il suonome ed informazioni limitate fornitemi da mia nonna, sua figlia. Nome della mia bisnonna era Bettina Condo. Nome di suo padre era Giovanni Condo e nome di sua madre era Rosa Piperata. È nata e cresciuta a Petrizzi. Ha avuto due sorelle Filomena Condo (Sestito) e Maria Condo (Alia) e un fratello Francesco Condo. Bettina era nata il 27 maggio 1882. Ha sposato Antonio Paravati. E' emigrata in America ed è arrivato negli U.S.A. nel mese di novembre del 1907. Lei e suo marito, con le sue sorelle e i loro rispettivi mariti, hanno vissuto a Filadelfia, PA, U.S.A., fino alla sua morte il 9 settembre 1931. Suo fratello Francesco è venuto in America per un periodo di tempo ma è ritornato in Italia ed ora è sepolto là. Se foste imparentati con questa donna attraverso la vostra famiglia, allora apprezzerei qualunque informazione , sulla famiglia che ci accomuna, o su qualunque parente ancora in vita oggi. Sono particolarmente interessata ad avere più informazioni possibile. Mi potete scrivere al mio indirizzo o tramite email elencato qui sotto. Sotto il mio indirizzo ho elencato altra gente a cui questa lettera è stata trasmessa. Passi prego queste informazioni ad altri parenti che non può essere elencato sotto ma chi ritenete può essere interessato nell'aiutarmi. Chiedo scusa se questa lettera vi ha raggiunti per sbaglio se non siamo della stessa famiglia, ma auguro a voi e alla vostra famiglia tanto bene! Grazie

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo
Marianne316
Rookie
Rookie

Re: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME TRANSLATE A LETTER I WANT TO

Post by Marianne316 »

Mille grazie!