Paternal Grandfather

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Last
Veteran
Veteran

Paternal Grandfather

Post by Last »

Please translate this form me.

Thank very much.

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/332d6f5b7b.jpg
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Paternal Grandfather

Post by jcsm400 »

Can't get it to come up. Is it just me?
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
wishyou
Veteran
Veteran

Post by wishyou »

It' full of junk. I mean the most are burocratical formulas of Italian Stato Civile (who is the officer, witness to the act, place where the act has been written, etc.), which you'll find the same in every act.
The most interesting thing start from AVANTI A ME
In front of me (NAME OF THE STATO CIVILE OFFICER (NAPIA IGNAZIO)) officer of the Stato Civile of MONTEFUSCO has appeared PARENTE GIOVANNI aged 33; PEASANT resident in MONTEFUSCO which to me has declared that at ANTI-MERIDIAN hours SIX and minutes ------- of the day EIGHT of the CURRENT month (It's August) in the house situated in P. EGILIO (not clear to understand) at number TWELVE from CAMERLENGO ANASTASIA, HIS WIFE, PEASANT, LIVING WITH HIM is born a child of sex MALE that he shows to ME and which he gives the name of ALESSANDRO.
Follow the name of the witness (CIAMPI NICOLA e LEPORE GIOVANNI. they could be friends or just two persons there where in the office) with the note that, after the officer has read the act, all of them didn't sign it because illiterates.

I hope I didn't make too many errors....
Last
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Last »

Hello, thank you for translating the document for me. It was great to find out and understand what it said. From what you have told me, it was the birth of my grandfather Alessandro in 1879. I received two other documents that I hope you could translate. It may be the birth of my great and great great grandfathers.

Again Thank you so much. :D

http://www.easy-sharing.com/454430/scan00121.jpg.html
http://www.easy-sharing.com/454444/scan00131.jpg.html
wishyou
Veteran
Veteran

Post by wishyou »

Order number 58

The year one thousand eight hundred fourtyeight the day TWENTYNINE (it could be, I can’t read it!) of the month of OCTOBER at hour FIFTEEN in front of Us NAME OF THE OFFICER (almost unreadable, could be TIBERIO GIACCI SECONDO ELETTO or could be TIBERIO GIACCI ELECTED MAJOR) and officer of the Stato Civile of the Comune of MONTEFUSCO, district of AVELLINO province of principality Ultra (not readable) has appeared CIRIACO I SAID (? - It’s suppost to mean that the name is Ciriaco) CIRIACO PARENTE of years THIRTYSIX of profession ????? resident in MONTEFUSCO which has shown to us a MALE which we have ocullary recognized ed he decleared that the same has born from GIUSEPPA DE ????? HIS LEGITIMATE WIFE OF YEARS THIRTY RESIDENT WITH HIM AND HAS HIM DECLEAR OF PROFESSION ??????????????????????
In the day TWENTYNINE of the month of OCTOBER of the year CURRENT at hours TEN in the house OF HIS HABITATION. The same has moreover decleared to give TO THE BABY the name of GIOVANNI PARENTE.

Follows the name of the witness (ANTONIO LEMINO e GIUSEPPE MANGANIELLO) brought by the same CIRIACO PARENTE.
They will not sign the act because they are illiterate.
At the frame the parish of Santa Maria declear that the day 30 of October to the baby was given the sacrament of baptism.

Order number 39

The year one thousand eight hundred twelve the day EIGHT of the month of JUNE at hour THIRTEEN in front of Us NICOLA MASCIA, MAJOR and officer of the Stato Civile of the Comune of MONTEFUSCO, province of principality Ultra (not readable) has appeared FILIPPO PARENTE of years TWENTYFIVE of profession MAN OF THE COUNTRY (PEASENT) resident in MONTEFUSCO D’ACQUA??????? And he has decleared WHICH AT A HOUR OF MORNING (it is written MANE=old term of morning, but could be also NOVE=NINE) OF YESTERDAY SEVEN OF THE CURRENT MONTH IS BORN IN THE HOUSE OF GIOVANNI PARENTE BROTHER OF YEAR THIRTY, HOER, SITUED IN CAMPAGNA ??????? OF THIS COMUNE PLACE NAMED ACQUA DE’ CUPI (or LUPI) (all this to say where the place is. Is very difficult to understand every word) A MALE THAT HE SHOWN TO US FROM VENERANDA DI LUCA, OF YEARS TWENTYTWO WIFE OF OVER MENTIONED GIOVANNI PARENTE DEL ??????, COMUNE OF MONTEFUSCO at which was given the name of CIRIACO, PASQUALE, FILIPPO PARENTE.

Follows the name of the witness (RAFFAELE XXXXXXX XXXXX e FILIPPO XXXXXXXX, both landowners).
Filippo Parente will sign the act with a cross as illeterate, the other will sign.
Where the sign of cross is it is written CROSS SIGN OF FILIPPO PARENTE ILLITERATE.

The translations are not grammatically correct to respect the word order in the act.
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

Hi There,

Here is the full translation of the Birth Act of Giovanni Parente

Ordinal Number 58

In the year one thousand eight hundred fifty-eight on day twenty-nine, of the month of October at the hour fifteen, before us Liberio Giacci (could be Greacci), Second Elect, and the Official Civil State Town of Montefusco, District of Avellino, Province Princpato Ultra, and appeared Ciriaco Parente, (????? Ciriaco), of age of thirty-six, of profession manager of a country estate, resides in Montefusco.

who has introduced a male child that we have visibly witnessed, and he has declared, that the same was born of Giuseppa DiIorio(This is what her surname looks like to me), his legitimate wife, of age thirty, resides with her spouse, and of him, the informant, of profession and residence as stated above, on the day twenty-nine, of the month of October, current year, at the hour ten, in the house of his own home.

The same has also declared to give to the baby the name of
Giovanni Parente

The aforesaid presentation and declaration was made in the presence of Antonio Lenno (not sure of surname) of age forty, of profession laborer, citizen residing in Montefusco, and of Giuseppe Manganiello, of age thirty-eight, of profession laborer, citizen residing in Montefusco.

Witnesses taking part of the present act and of himself, Signor Ciriaco Parente, produced.

The present act, that we have created as necessary, and was written above as two copies, read to the informant and to the witnesses, and then on the day, month and year above, signed by us, but not by the informant and the witnesses who have stated that they do not know how to write.

Pasquale Pastore, Councilman

Here is the Bapistmal Information

Number of Order 58

In the year one thousand eight hundred forty-eight, of day thirty, of the month of October, the Parish Priest of the Church of Santa Maria, has informed on the day same as above, of the month of October, and year current

has returned to us notice that we have written on day twenty-nine, of the month of October, year current

The here-written birth act at the bottom of which he has indicated that the Sacrament of Baptism was administered to the infant Giovanni Parente

on day twenty-nine, of the same month and year

Having seen this notice after having it transcribed, we have arranged that it should be conserved in the volume of documents at number 58

We have also acknowledged to the Parish Priest the receipt of the same, we have created the present act which was written above in the two registers in the margins of the corresponding birth act, and that we have signed.

Pasquale Pastore, Councilman

I hope this helps,
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum