Translations needed

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Translations needed

Postby cypercat » 07 Jun 2006, 02:35

You helped me before I hope you can again - My father-in-law came across some papers his father wrote for the Italian society he belonged to - trying to get some of them translated for him.

Here is one -

Come la Colonia Italiana di Cincinnati ha celebrato il Columbus Day

Anche quest'anno la patriottica colonia lialiana di Cincinnati, ha festeggiato solennemente il Columbus Day.

Per iniziativa dala Lega C.Coluombo, alle sei di sera dell'undici, del corrente mese ebbe luogo l'annunziato banchetto al Sinton Hotel

La musica, diretta dal signor Antonio Di Tullio, inton' una marcia sinfonica, mentre' i convitati marciarono in ordine ai propri posti, nella sala decorata dalle due bandiere, Italinana c Americana

In testa all'ordinato corteo si strovavano il sindaco Russell Wilson, il Cav.Carlo Ginocchio c il presidente del comitatio organizatore, signor Allessandro di Tullio.

Prima di iniziare il banchetto, la banda intono' nazionale Americano e la marcia reale Italliana, tra gli entusiatici applausi dei present.

Thanks

Cypercat
cypercat

Re: Translations needed

Postby elba » 09 Jun 2006, 18:39

cypercat wrote:You helped me before I hope you can again - My father-in-law came across some papers his father wrote for the Italian society he belonged to - trying to get some of them translated for him.

Here is one -

Come la Colonia Italiana di Cincinnati ha celebrato il Columbus Day

Anche quest'anno la patriottica colonia lialiana di Cincinnati, ha festeggiato solennemente il Columbus Day.

Per iniziativa dala Lega C.Coluombo, alle sei di sera dell'undici, del corrente mese ebbe luogo l'annunziato banchetto al Sinton Hotel

La musica, diretta dal signor Antonio Di Tullio, inton' una marcia sinfonica, mentre' i convitati marciarono in ordine ai propri posti, nella sala decorata dalle due bandiere, Italinana c Americana

In testa all'ordinato corteo si strovavano il sindaco Russell Wilson, il Cav.Carlo Ginocchio c il presidente del comitatio organizatore, signor Allessandro di Tullio.

Prima di iniziare il banchetto, la banda intono' nazionale Americano e la marcia reale Italliana, tra gli entusiatici applausi dei present.

Thanks

Cypercat

Sorry I hadn't noticed this one - so here is the translation.....
Hope it's OK.
elba

How the Italian Community of Cincinnati celebrated Columbus Day

Once again this year the patriotic Italian community in Cincinnati solemnly celebrated Columbus Day.

The Cristopher Columbus League took the initiative, and at six o’clock on the evening of the 11th of this month they held their advertised banquet at the Sinton Hotel.

The music, conducted by Mr. Antonio Di Tullio, started with a synphonic march, while the guests marched in order in their places in the hall which was decorated with the two flags of Italy and America.

At the head of the procession was the Mayor Russell Wilson, the Knight Carlo Ginocchio and the President of the Organising Committee, Mr. Alessandro di Tullio.

Before the banquet began, the band played the American national (anthem??) and the Italian Royal march amid the enthusiastic applause of those present.
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations