I wrote to the Stato di Archivi in Treviso in an effort to find the conscription records of two of my ancestors. I recieved a response, in the form of two documents, though unfortunately not the records I was looking for. I was hoping someone could translate these - I know they're long, so I really appreciate the assistance.
-no civil record, you must to write in conegliano city hall, civil records office
-no results in: militar records by search 1884/1894, no from also 1874(another militar record) and no militar records from 1900 and from 1912
betther thing: to write in Conegliano.
You have to renew the request asking for military draft card of Giovanni Mazzer (they were looking for Massa/Mazza)
Anyway they say you
1) Born before 1871 you have to know parish (is Carpesica for Castagnera)
2) you can't ask them civil records. Yu have to ask to town hall or parish
3) Military information are oonly for people born after 09/01/1874 (Castagnera Antonio was born in 1869)
4) They were looking for Castagnera Antonio born in Vittorio Veneto in 1869 and they didn' find him in "disertors" record
5) for information ask to Parish of Ceneda. (As you know is not right. The Parish is Carpesica)
6) They didn't find Giovanni Massa/Mazza (and you know why)
7) They say you have to ask to Conegliano anagrafe (and you have it)
In the three final point they say that they do not keep anagrafic records and they have military informations only for people born after 1874.
I've been all evening in the parish of Carpesica looking for Castagnera saga and I have more news about them. I think I'll give you next days.