Translation Help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Translation Help

Postby scorpione » 26 Jul 2006, 01:59

Could somebody please translate. I get the gist of it but there are parts that need to be translated. Thanks.

In riscontro alla Sua richiesta si transmette l"allegata certificazione precisando che:

al foglio(2) mancano dei riscontri in quanto non a conoscenza di questo ufficio.

And : Ha vissuto in altro comune per cui non se conosce la composizione della famiglia.

This will help my reading skills as I am guessing the last sentence uses the re flexive "one does not know"the composition of the family " but I am not sure.
scorpione
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Translation Help

Postby scorpione » 10 Aug 2006, 10:02

Hello to all,

On July 25 I wrote asking for a translation of 3 sentences I received from Italy.While I believe I get the gist of it there are a few words whose meaning does not seem right and could be of great help to me. Is there anybody who can give me a translation which I am certain would be better than mine?I would be very greatful.. grazie
scorpione
Rookie
Rookie

Postby wishyou » 10 Aug 2006, 19:06

As your request we transmit the encolsed certificate, making point that:
At sheet(2) some corrspondences are missing as unknown to this office;
He Has lived in another town so we don't know the family composition.

Thas an "about" translation. Hope it will help
wishyou
Veteran
Veteran

Postby CDRome » 18 Aug 2006, 01:44

Further to wishyou's translation, here's my version (which is actually pretty much the same):

As per your request, please find attached the certificates. However, please note that:

On page 2, we miss some data about which this office has no verifiable information

and: we do not know who the other members of his/her family were because he/she lived in other municipalities

CDRome
The Italian Press Digest is your source for Italian news in English. Visit us today at www.ItalianPressDigest.com
CDRome

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations