Help to reply back to a contact in Italian

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Marianne316
Rookie
Rookie

Help to reply back to a contact in Italian

Post by Marianne316 »

I am now starting to get "hits" on my pateral side's cold contacts. I tried BabelFish.com quickly for the gist of the message which is fine but kind of screwy. I am looking for what he said:

cara marianne , ho ricevuto la tua lettera il 4.8.2006 , purtroppo
parto domani per le vacanze e torno il giorno 19 e quindi non mi è
possibile fare delle ricerche ma ti prometto che non appena tornerò in
città mi impegnerò per farti avere informazioni utili su xxxxxxxx
xxxxxx .
Comunque ti informo che tutti coloro che si chiamano xxxxxx a
cosenza sono parenti , quindi anche io e te forse lo siamo .
un caro
saluto e a presto .

then I am looking for help in translating this return email to him so that he can expect my communications from now on to be in English:

xxxxxxx,
I am glad to hear from you. Unfortunately my Italian is not very good. I am not sure if you are able to write in English. But we will commuicate somehow! I appreciate any information you can give me on the xxxxxx family. In this email I am sending you pictures of xxxxxxxx xxxxxx and his wife xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx. Thank you so much for contacting me back so quickly. I will look forward to your next email!

-edited for personal content- nuccia
antonio43
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Help to reply back to a contact in Italian

Post by antonio43 »

Dear Marianne, here is a translation (I'm native french, of famiglia italiana but I tried to translate the message in English), i wish you will understand:

Dear Marianne, I received your letter on August 8th 2006, but tommorow I go back on holidays, and i 'll come back on August 19th, so it's impossible to make the research, but i make you the promiss that when I come back in my town I will look after usefull informations about xxxxxxxx xxxxxx
Moreover, i want to inform you that all the people called xxxxxxin Cosenza are related to each other, as you and I did know this.
"un caro saluto e a presto" , means approximatly a strong goodbye and i contact you very quickly

-contents edited- nuccia
Marianne316
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Help to reply back to a contact in Italian

Post by Marianne316 »

thanks!