Would some kind person translate into Italian for me please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
wishyou
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Would some kind person translate into Italian for me ple

Post by wishyou »

There is another thing to say:
If this act came from tha hall-town, it is possible they have been married in church a lot before.
Before of the 1929 treaty between Italy and Vatican City (Patti lateranensi), you had to marry two times: once in front of the priest and other in front of the major. The marriage in church was not recognized as valid by italian governament and marriage in town-hall was not recognized as valid by church. So it is possible to find different datas between church act and town-hall acts. Abitually there are 2/3 days difference, sometimes one month, rarely two or more months, very rarely years.
This could be one of the very rare cases.
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi wishyou
I never knew that! I really dont know where the birth act came from it was on a microfilm that I had ordered from familysearch.org (Latter day Saints) I also have films (marriage) which cover the years from 1860-1879 and the next film I have covers the years 1880-1899 but I didnt find my grandparents marriage certificate. My grandmother would have been 18 years old in 1879 so they couldnt have been married much earlier than that unless they could marry really young. Maybe worth while going back to check the films again and look at the years before 1878/79 I did find my grandfather's brother's marriage certificate on one of the films and he was married in June 1881 exactly the same date that was on his birth act.
Just hope the comune in Sant'Elia checks the names and maybe more dates than the ones I've given. If they do answer that there is no record of marriage then I'll just have to write again. I did enclose a copy of the birth act when I wrote to them dont know if this would help them locate the marriage certificate or not!

Many thanks for that information its much appreciated
God Bless
Emmy
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

in the Francesca birthact are the note of marriage; this note mean NO that they married in the same town of birthplace; they can be married in some other town and for law the transcription marriage in birthplace on birthact.... so when you will have the reply from common, they can say you where married... personally I believe, from the image that they married in same common of birthplace, and for italian law, also if married in the church, the marriage act must be always on civil record registry... so is right to wait the reply of common... for to understand better... suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Suanj
That's great, I'll just need to be patient and wait for the Comune to reply.
Many many thanks Suanj I do appreciate all the information you are giving me.
Love and Hugs xx
God Bless
Emmy
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

:wink: kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
CDRome

Post by CDRome »

It's 5 maggio (May) 1889.

CDRome
The Italian Press Digest is your source for Italian news in English. Visit us today at www.ItalianPressDigest.com
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi CD Rome
Thanks for reading my post and for posting a reply.
Unfortunately 1889 is one date I know for sure it cant be, because my grandparents were in London at that time. my dad was born 1887 in London and his brother was born in London in 1889.
Dates I thought it perhaps could be were 1879,1881, or 1883. Just hope and pray that the Commune in Sant'Elia replies to my request for the certificate.
Never-the-less that was very kind of you to reply
God Bless
Emmy