Could some kind person translate for me please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Emmy
Master
Master

Could some kind person translate for me please

Post by Emmy »

This is the 'email' reply I received from the comune in Sant'Elia but I dont understand everything that's printed be very grateful for a translation.

In riferimento alla lettera dell' 11 agosto 2006 l'estratto di nascita di
CICCONE Benedetta nata a S.Elia F.R. IL 23 marzo 1906, è stato rilasciato,
ma l'estratto di matrimonio di DE FILIPPIS Giovanni Battista con
Bastianiello Francesca non risulta registrato. Poichè nella sua lettera è
stato allegata una fotocopia di un atto di nascita?????? si chiede
di ritrasmettere per fax al n.. 0776/428302 LA FOTOCOPIA
dell'atto di stato civile integralmente perchè non è leggibile la data di
nascita o di matrimonio e se è stata rilasciata dal
Comune di S.Elia Fiumerapido.
In questo Comune risulta nata una Bastianiello Francesca, nata a S.ELIA
FIUMERAPIDO IL 2 DICEMBRE 1889
fu Giuseppe e Cece Mariantonia. E' la vostra nonna????
Distinti saluti.

Thanking you
Emmy
wishyou
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Could some kind person translate for me please

Post by wishyou »

Take it about... (and it is in very bad italian, trust me)

In reference to yuor august 11 2006 letter, we made the birth certificate of Ciccone Benedetta, Born in S. Elia march 23 1906. The Marriage of De Filippis with Bastianello Francesca is not present in our registrations.
As in your letter has been enclosed a birth certificate????? we ask you to transmit it by fax at phone number 0039/776/428302 the integral copy of the stato civile act, cause it is not readble the birth date or the marriage date and if it has been released by the town of S. Elia.
In this comune result to be born BASTIANELLO Francesca, december 12 1889, father fu Giuseppe, mother Cece Mariantonia. Is she your Grandmother?
Best regards

In the original letter there few formal errors and doesn't seem to be written by an Ufficiale of Stato Civile (he couldn't make such mistakes or he got to be fired!)

In substance:
They have registered the Birth of Ciccone Benedetta and they did the birth certificate
they don't found the marriage between Defilippis G.B. and Bastianello F.
They want by fax the copy of the act you sent by e-mail because it is unreadble (they want the complete act, not only the certificate)
Thye found in the register Bastianello Francesca, born in S. Elia 2 december 1889 and ask you if she is your Grandma
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi wishyou

That's great, I'll need to try now and get a better copy of the birth acts from the FHC. The comune have made a mistake re my grandparents because their birth acts are definately registered in Sant'Elia (Nonno 1853 and Nonna1861) Just hope they send me a copy of Benedetta's birth act.

Many Thanks for the translation its very much appreciated.

God Bless
Emmy
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi everyone
Just to let you know I received a copy of Benedetta Ciccione's birth Act from the comune in Sant'Elia. I have now sent them a 'fax' of my grandparents birth acts as they requested, so fingers crossed I may still have hope of getting that long awaited marriage certificate.
Thanks for everyones help
Love
God Bless
Emmy
aabruno
Rookie
Rookie

Post by aabruno »

One thing I do to get the best resolution from the FHC microfilms is to take digital pictures. at least 5 MP or 7 MP resolution... which you can later zoom in an adjust on the computer for better viewing.

Anthony