can someone translate this birth record please?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
8 posts • Page 1 of 1

can someone translate this birth record please?

Postby sheronb » 05 Jan 2007, 15:23

I have tired and tried to post this birth record of Guiseppe Tuzio on here,and it wont work!!
so have posted it on rootschat!!
can anyone look at it for me, and translate it? please!!

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.ph ... 205553.new

Its been driving me crazy!! :(
Tuzi/Lombardozzi/Polsinelli/Tersigni/La Rocca/Gismondi from Sora,Frosinone.
sheronb
Veteran
Veteran

Re: can someone translate this birth record please?

Postby brujaojos » 06 Jan 2007, 22:57

Hi There,

I went and found the birth act you were referring to. I hope this is of some help to you.

Smile for me!:)
Trish

In the year one thousand eight hundred seventy-two, of day twenty-four, November, in the Town Hall, at the hour eleven ante-meridian.

Before me Nicola Mancinelli, Mayor and the Official Vital Records of the town of Sora, District of Sora, Province of Terra di ?, and appeared Amadio Tuzi, son of the late Felice, of age fifty-one, of profession farmer, resident living in Sora, who has introduced the birth of a child of male sex at the hour six ante-meridian, of today (born today), with his wife Domenica Lombardozzi, who live together in this town in the house of his own on Contrada Iselistello, which he has presented and has given the name of Giuseppe

The child was not presented before the preceding and the main assessment of the birth was introduced by the informant and the statement of the witnesses. To this action which witnesses have been present, Loreto DiProspero, son of the late Arcangelo, of age thirty-eight, and of Gioacchino Porretta, son of the late Giacomo, of age of age thirty-three, of professions farmers, residents living in Sora, witnesses of the informant produced = We therefore have formed the present act, singed solely by me, the witnesses and the informant do not know how to write.

Nicola Mancinelli
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby sheronb » 07 Jan 2007, 10:23

Trish,thank you so much!! I had such trouble, resizing the file to post, then it wouldnt post on this site!! Someone on rootschat, also kindly translated it, much the same as you have!!
Also, yesterday, i recieved a copy of a registration of population, which shows this family, with 3 daughters, also another Guiseppe, born 1869, who died!!Plus the name of the mothers father, when the mother died, 1888, and one of the sisters!!Its a amazing document!! The Lady, who sent it was an Italian researcher, which was so kind of her.
This sentance though:
Contrada Iselistello, is their address? Did they own their own house, though i doubt it!! Also on rootschat, farmer was translated as a peasant,more or less the same thing though!!
Thank you so much Trish!
sheronb
Veteran
Veteran

Postby brujaojos » 07 Jan 2007, 15:13

sheronb wrote:This sentance though:
Contrada Iselistello, is their address? Did they own their own house, though i doubt it!! Also on rootschat, farmer was translated as a peasant,more or less the same thing though!!

Hi There,

Contrada Iselistello is the road that they were living on. However, the spelling of the street might not be 100% accurate.

And yes, Contadino is a peasant farmer. It's up to the individual who is translating the record as to what they write. I prefer farmer.

Here is a link of Italian Occupations with their translations.
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Poin ... obs.html#C

Hope this helps,
Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby sheronb » 07 Jan 2007, 15:55

Thanks Trish, ive saved it in favourites!!
sheronb
Veteran
Veteran

Postby suanj » 07 Jan 2007, 16:52

Hi, in red some words of excellent Trish's translation:
In the year one thousand eight hundred seventy-two, of day twenty-four, November, in the Town Hall, at the hour eleven ante-meridian.

Before me Nicola Mancinelli, Mayor and the Official Vital Records of the town of Sora, District of Sora, Province of Terra di Lavoro, and appeared Amadio Tuzi, son of the late Felice, of age fifty-one, of profession farmer, resident living in Sora, who has introduced the birth of a child of male sex at the hour six ante-meridian, of today (born today), with his wife Domenica, Lombardozzi, who live together in this town in the house of his own on Contrada Ischitello, which he has presented and has given the name of Giuseppe

The child was not presented before the preceding and the main assessment of the birth was introduced by the informant and the statement of the witnesses. To this action which witnesses have been present, Loreto Di Prospero, son of the late Arcangelo, of age thirty-eight, and of Gioacchino Parretta, son of the late Giacomo, of age of age thirty-three, of professions farmers, residents living in Sora, witeneses of the informant produced = We therefore have formed the present act, singed solely by me, the witnesses and the informant do not know how to write.

Nicola Mancinelli

regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby sheronb » 07 Jan 2007, 18:28

Thank you,Su, and for my "thank you" email!!
sheronb
Veteran
Veteran

Postby brujaojos » 07 Jan 2007, 19:51

suanj wrote:Hi, in red some words of excellent Trish's translation:

regards, suanj

Hi Suanj,

Thank you for correcting my typographically errors. This is what I get for having a houseful of people for the New Year's Day Parade (aka-Mummer's Parade in Philly), and not proofreading my work before I sent it.

And I see the surname in Sora is Porretta. There are only handful of Parretta.

Thanks again,
Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations