reading a funeral card?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

reading a funeral card?

Postby MikeSavoca91 » 18 Feb 2007, 07:05

I wish I had a scanner so I could post the exact thing I want to post but I can perfectly read it so it's ok. I'll type out what it says.

[align=center]I.M.I.

O Gesu, pastore eterno delle anime, riconosco il peso grandissimo della responsabilita che oggi assumo...! Confido in Te, o Signore, e son sicuro di ogni ainto, perche il mio finee: amar Ti lavorare per Te, per Te solo...! O SS. Vergine del Rossario, proteggi,benedici sempre questa parrocchia a Te consacrata!...

[/align]il
Sac. Vincenzo Savoca Rampolla
2. Perroco di Passopisciaro (Catania)
[align=center]offere
ai parenti, ai superiori, agli amici,
ai parrocchiani
in ricordo della sua prea di possesso canonico

Passopisciaro, 7[/align] Gennaio 1934

On the very top in script is the name Mr. Giovanni Savoca. Any help would be great :D . Thanks.
MikeSavoca91
Staff
Staff

Re: reading a funeral card?

Postby elba » 18 Feb 2007, 10:12

MikeSavoca91 wrote:I wish I had a scanner so I could post the exact thing I want to post but I can perfectly read it so it's ok. I'll type out what it says.

[align=center]I.M.I.

O Gesu, pastore eterno delle anime, riconosco il peso grandissimo della responsabilita che oggi assumo...! Confido in Te, o Signore, e son sicuro di ogni ainto, perche il mio finee: amar Ti lavorare per Te, per Te solo...! O SS. Vergine del Rossario, proteggi,benedici sempre questa parrocchia a Te consacrata!...

[/align]il
Sac. Vincenzo Savoca Rampolla
2. Perroco di Passopisciaro (Catania)
[align=center]offere
ai parenti, ai superiori, agli amici,
ai parrocchiani
in ricordo della sua prea di possesso canonico

Passopisciaro, 7[/align] Gennaio 1934

On the very top in script is the name Mr. Giovanni Savoca. Any help would be great :D . Thanks.

Mike,
This is as near as I can get it...
But forgive me if one or two expressions are not quite correct. I am not a Catholic - therefore someone who is used to some terminology here will doubtless do a better translation for you....
elba

Giovanni Savoca
Oh Lord, immortal shepherd of the soul, I am grateful for the great responsibility You bear today…! I trust in You, O Lord, and safe in every (ainto??), because at my end: I will love You work for You, for You only…! O Sacred Saint. Virgin of the Rossario, protect, and bless always this parish dedicated to You!...

Father Vincenzo Savoca Rampolla
2. Priest of Passopisciaro (Catania)
to the families, the elders, the friends
the parishioners
in memory of his holy order.

Passopisciaro, 7 January 1934

If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: reading a funeral card?

Postby MikeSavoca91 » 18 Feb 2007, 18:05

Thanks so much, that is great. You have helped me a lot.
MikeSavoca91
Staff
Staff

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations