A quick translation.

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
MikeSavoca91
Staff
Staff

A quick translation.

Post by MikeSavoca91 »

Bonina.

La si vuole originaria di Castroreale, godette nobiltà in Messina, nella quale città vestì, in persona di alquanti suoi membri, la toga senatoria e possedette i feudi di Xiari e Collabascia, comprati da un Guglielmo Bonina, a cui succedette Paolo.

Arma: di nero, al leone d’oro, tenente con le zampe anteriori una spiga d’avena di argento

Could someone tell me what this means? Thank you!
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: A quick translation.

Post by elba »

MikeSavoca91 wrote:Bonina.

La si vuole originaria di Castroreale, godette nobiltà in Messina, nella quale città vestì, in persona di alquanti suoi membri, la toga senatoria e possedette i feudi di Xiari e Collabascia, comprati da un Guglielmo Bonina, a cui succedette Paolo.

Arma: di nero, al leone d’oro, tenente con le zampe anteriori una spiga d’avena di argento

Could someone tell me what this means? Thank you!
Bonina is a family name
It appears to be an explanation of a feudal rite for this person who lived in the town of Castroreale which enjoyed a noble standing in Messina, where the city endowed a certain number of its members with the senatorial toga and which owned the feudal lands/properties of Xiari and Collabascia, purchased by one Guglielmo Bonina who was succeeded by Paolo.

Arma is the coat of arms which it describes thus:
Black with a golden lion, holding in its front claws a silver ear of wild oats.

Hope that's of some help Mike..
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
MikeSavoca91
Staff
Staff

Re: A quick translation.

Post by MikeSavoca91 »

That was lots of help, thank you Elba :D !