Translation Help Please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Translation Help Please

Postby BillieDeKid » 25 Aug 2007, 15:06

If someone can look at my earlier post on the site please. I was having trouble with the image that I need translated. Fortunately another memeber finally got it working for me.

I need to get a translation of the document please.

Thanks in advance.

Elizabeth
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Translation Help Please

Postby suanj » 25 Aug 2007, 16:53

MARRIAGE ACT
Number act 1
CIRILLO Domenico Antonio
-RIZZO Concetta
Today, 27 January, 1895, Sunday, on Town hall door, it are the 1° marriage bann following act

Today 3 February 1895 Sunday, on Town hall door, it are the 2° marriage bann following act and the first bann will be affix until this day.
The civil records officer:
D. VALENTE

-----------------------------------
CIRILLO Domenico Antonio-RIZZO Concetta

The year 1895 the day 26 of January month to A.M. hours 11.00 and 20 minutes, in the Town Hall.
In my presence VALENTE Domenico alderman substitute, in place of alderman titular -absent
civil records officer of Brognaturo common , it is appeared :

1° CIRILLO Domenico Antonio, single of age 56, farmer resident in Brognaturo, son of late Giuseppe of age 94, farmer, resident in life in Brognaturo.; and son of late ZANGARI(?) Teresa farmer, resident in life in Brognaturo.
Also it is appeared:
2° RIZZO Concetta single of age 48, farmer resident in Brognaturo, daughter of late Giuseppe of age 94, farmer, resident in life in Brognaturo.; and son of late GERULLI(?) Caterina farmer, resident in life in Brognaturo.

that they ask me of making banner marriage , because in this office, the marriage they wish celebrate; and they declared me that the groom is born in Brognaturo, the bride in Brognaturo, and having from 1 year in current day, both the Brognaturo residence, of not having stepfather or stepmother, and nothing hinder to marriage because they are not relatives or in other some relationship, and having not other law impediment.
This declarations are confirmed by oath’s legal shape, from:
VALENTE Angelo of age 64, shoemaker;
SQUILLACIOTI Francesco of age 34, farmer, both resident in this Common, as witnesses present to this act.
Examined the documents presented to me, that with my visa, I insert in the “Allegatiâ€
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby BillieDeKid » 25 Aug 2007, 20:51

Thank you so much suanj. Your efforts are GREATLY appreciated.

If one of the late parents had been a step mother or step father what would the phrase be in italian? And would the document state that the person was the step mother or step father?

Regards,

Elizabeth
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby suanj » 26 Aug 2007, 03:56

abt the stepfather or stepmother........ it is a usual phrase, used for to exclude any possibilities of relationship between the spouses( because if a spouse was a adopted child, son/daughter of unknown parents, maybe this could be... a problem)... this phrase was in use normally, and printed in the form, no handwriting... just a burocracy shape... no problem.. abt one late parents... had been a step mother or step father etc... never mentioned this in nobody marriage act, or bann, because no important... the phrase is for to exclude that IS NOT possible that the spouses could be in some way children of a same parents(if one was adopted child, itcould be born from a unknown parent, right? and the unknown parent, it don't exclude that it could be, however, someone of bride or of groom 's parent; because if unknown.... instead in this way all is right)...
regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby BillieDeKid » 26 Aug 2007, 04:31

Thank you for all your help suanj.

Elizabeth
BillieDeKid
Master