Prior Post

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Prior Post

Postby BillieDeKid » 27 Aug 2007, 14:39

I posted a request a few days ago - Subject line - Translate bottom of document - I'm having trouble with the hand writing at the bottom of the document and would appreciate someone trying to translate it for me.

I can pick out my great grandmothers name and that my great grandfather is deceased and also both names of my grandmothers parents and a few other words but that's as far as I'm getting.

Please see my earlier post for the request and document image.

Thanks

Elizabeth
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Prior Post

Postby Cathynap » 28 Aug 2007, 04:34

Sorry I cannot translate it but here is the link to the document:
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 030gb3.png Wow it is a marriage record for 2 70 year olds?!!
Can anyone read the bottom?
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Postby BillieDeKid » 28 Aug 2007, 04:54

Cathy - lol

He's 19 and she's 20!! But thats the same problem I'm having, the handwriting is tough on this one.

Thank goodness I only need the bottom paragraph translated!

By the way, I checked out your website and it's fantastic. I hope when I finally get more of my information together I can put a site together, and if it's even half as nice as your's I'll be thrilled.

Thanks for the bump.

Elizabeth
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby Cathynap » 28 Aug 2007, 05:08

:oops: I see I was looking at their parents ages! :oops: It's late and I should be sleeping instead of looking at documents. 8O Sorry about that.
Thanks for the compliment. Googlepages are very simple but I think it is time for a real site! It is difficult to keep up with researching the whole town and the website. I wish I would have waited until I was finished. On the upside I have been contacted by many descendants of my grandfather's comune.
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Postby BillieDeKid » 28 Aug 2007, 05:25

That's great that relatives are looking and contacting. You're from Illinois and so am I. You wouldn't happen to live or had lived in Midlothian?

And you're right, I should be in bed too!

Elizabeth
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby Cathynap » 28 Aug 2007, 13:48

Nope, no where near Midlothian. I don't think anyway...I'm not exactly sure where Midlothian is :?:
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Postby BillieDeKid » 28 Aug 2007, 14:22

It's south of the city of Chicago. I thought you might be when I saw the last part of your screen name (nap). In the town I grew up in (Mineral Point, WI) there was a family named Zaffino and one of the daughters married John Knapp and they had a daughter named Cathy. Thought maybe it was you.

Hope someone will translate the bottom for me.

Thanks for your help.

Elizabeth
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations