Prior Post

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Prior Post

Postby BillieDeKid » 27 Aug 2007, 14:39

I posted a request a few days ago - Subject line - Translate bottom of document - I'm having trouble with the hand writing at the bottom of the document and would appreciate someone trying to translate it for me.

I can pick out my great grandmothers name and that my great grandfather is deceased and also both names of my grandmothers parents and a few other words but that's as far as I'm getting.

Please see my earlier post for the request and document image.

Thanks

Elizabeth

Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Prior Post

Postby Cathynap » 28 Aug 2007, 04:34

Sorry I cannot translate it but here is the link to the document:
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 030gb3.png Wow it is a marriage record for 2 70 year olds?!!
Can anyone read the bottom?

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 28 Aug 2007, 04:54

Cathy - lol

He's 19 and she's 20!! But thats the same problem I'm having, the handwriting is tough on this one.

Thank goodness I only need the bottom paragraph translated!

By the way, I checked out your website and it's fantastic. I hope when I finally get more of my information together I can put a site together, and if it's even half as nice as your's I'll be thrilled.

Thanks for the bump.

Elizabeth

Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Cathynap » 28 Aug 2007, 05:08

:oops: I see I was looking at their parents ages! :oops: It's late and I should be sleeping instead of looking at documents. 8O Sorry about that.
Thanks for the compliment. Googlepages are very simple but I think it is time for a real site! It is difficult to keep up with researching the whole town and the website. I wish I would have waited until I was finished. On the upside I have been contacted by many descendants of my grandfather's comune.

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 28 Aug 2007, 05:25

That's great that relatives are looking and contacting. You're from Illinois and so am I. You wouldn't happen to live or had lived in Midlothian?

And you're right, I should be in bed too!

Elizabeth

Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Cathynap » 28 Aug 2007, 13:48

Nope, no where near Midlothian. I don't think anyway...I'm not exactly sure where Midlothian is :?:

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 28 Aug 2007, 14:22

It's south of the city of Chicago. I thought you might be when I saw the last part of your screen name (nap). In the town I grew up in (Mineral Point, WI) there was a family named Zaffino and one of the daughters married John Knapp and they had a daughter named Cathy. Thought maybe it was you.

Hope someone will translate the bottom for me.

Thanks for your help.

Elizabeth

Return to “Italian language, handwriting , script & translations”