General Idea of Document

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
8 posts • Page 1 of 1

General Idea of Document

Postby BillieDeKid » 16 Sep 2007, 02:29

Could someone take a look at this and give me a summary of what this document is? I've been trying to make my way through it and I'm not sure what it's all about. I know it's for a tribunal etc. but why?

I don't need a full translation.

Thanks.

Elizabeth

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3538/page0008xg3.png
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: General Idea of Document

Postby suanj » 16 Sep 2007, 05:33

oh... this is another late correction of a birthact, by sentence court of monteleone town; pratically the Rizzo Giuseppe declared himself in all documents, as son of Bruno Rizzo and Giuseppa B...., but from civil documents don't result the marriage of Bruno and Giuseppa and also don't result nobody Giuseppe official birth act, and nobody birth recognized by Bruno Rizzo, only the baptism act provided by priest where are wrote that a child was baptized as Giuseppe Rizzo name, the court sentence authorized the civil records officer of to write a late birth registration, but
Giuseppe Rizzo must be declared as illegitimate child son of unknown parents ...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby BillieDeKid » 16 Sep 2007, 05:54

Thanks so much suanj. Was this because of the military again, like my grandfather's? Or maybe for different reason?

Elizabeth
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby suanj » 16 Sep 2007, 08:24

It is no wrote the reason, and abt the militar reason of other document it was only a probable reason, that the person needing of a birthact necessary for him life and all steps necessary in a common life( militar service, marriage, etc.. ) it made the request by court and had the registration of him birth by sentence court... so also in this case... Giuseppe result baptized the 24 aug 1873, and this sure date become also the birthdate( maybe he can be born also the 23 august 1873, but by sentence the him life and him identity start from a sure date: the baptism date) and in the 16 april 1902 the him birth is made in the birthregistry of 1902, after that the sentence court authorized the civil records officer of to write the birth in 1902 birthregistry of Brognaturo common, but by civil process, the sentence court also say that Giuseppe Rizzo cannot say that he is the son of Bruno and Giuseppa, because no proof, because they never married and bruno never recognized the child, so the surname Rizzo of Giuseppe is only by a baptism act, and no name parents, so for Brognaturo common and Brognaturo civil documents, Giuseppe is a illegitimate child...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby BillieDeKid » 16 Sep 2007, 15:12

Thank you suanj. Your ARE the BEST!!!!!!

Elizabeth
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby michaeldi » 18 Sep 2007, 10:24

Greetings,

I have noticed a large number of supplemental records/corrections at the end of each year's registers for all acts (birth, marriage & death). At first I did not take the time to read them all as they are all hand written, and my limited Italian.

But thanks to the kindness of people on the board I am learning the great value of these records and will go back and take the time to read them all.

A quick question - will the correction always be in the year of the court order etc. rather than the year of the actual act?

Thank you again,

Michael
michaeldi
Rookie
Rookie

Postby suanj » 18 Sep 2007, 11:33

the correction is made always after court order; normally some month after court order( 2/3 months); so if the court order is of November( for exemple) the birth can be registered also in next january... but, normally ,in the year of court order....
regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby michaeldi » 18 Sep 2007, 23:42

Thanks Suanj!
michaeldi
Rookie
Rookie