Help with a last name please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Help with a last name please

Post by BillieDeKid »

I found my GGG grandma's death certificate. Her name is Angiola de Francesco. I can make out her fathers name after hers (midway down the page) it's Giovannibattista and her mothers name is after his. I have her first name - Annunciata no problem but her last name is throwing me. It looks like Venculatia???? It's not a name familiar to the town they're from so I'm thinking I'm way off on what I'm seeing.

Can anyone looking at this post please take a look and see what you come up with?

Thanks
Elizabeth

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/1847/page0005yx7.png
Emmy
Master
Master

Re: Help with a last name please

Post by Emmy »

Elizabeth I take it the word you are trying to make out is 8 rows from the bottom -2 rows above a line at the right hand side of the document?
I will have another look but I didnt think it started with a 'V' my first guess was a 'J' 'Janetta' 'Janiete' there are 7 letters in the name. I posted a link to 'old handwriting' a few weeks back I'll try to post it here for you.
Emmy
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hope these help
Emmy
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi Em,

I cant' get your second post to come up, but I have these printed from a prior post we were in.

The very last line is the name of Nicola Valente if you count 7 lines above his name, it's the last word on far right side. That is her last name. The third letter in her name looks like an l or t but if you look close it's the tail from the letter above coming down into her last name. This has really got me stumped. Certainly isn't a familiar name. Take another look and see what you think.

And anyone else looking at the post, feel free to give me your opinion too. You too suanj!

Elizabeth
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Elizabeth that's where I was looking and it was definately 'Annunciata' before the word I was looking at when I enlarged the document I couldnt make anything out so I printed off the smaller image and used a magnifying glass and that worked better. Hope someone else has a look so annoying when you get so near and yet cant make one word out! :(
Emmy

something did go wrong with my 2nd posting it was just the same as the 3rd one :D :D
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

This is a tough one Em. I just can't make it out. I've tried different spellings and then using the white pages for my families towns and nothing is coming up. Do you think it's a J instead of a V? I tried it both ways and then used white pages and still nothing. I'm going to keep trying maybe something will click.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Elizabeth,

Here's another search engine to check for surnames. It allows you to search by a province using a begins with or contains option.

http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/cognomi/cognomi.html

Hope it helps.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Ok I think I've got it. It's Annunciata Ierulli. Em and Biff, check it out on the certificate and see if it makes sense to you guys. Ierulli is part of my family but all my information (american) has the h in the name.

GREATTTTTTTT!!!!!! Thanks for help you two!!!!

Elizabeth
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Yes Elizabeth I think you're correct it fits in :D :D :D
Emmy
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Thanks for your help Emmy!!!! What a great feeling!
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

Thanks for the PM Elizabeth....

It seems to me that Annunciata's surname could be VANGELISTA OR VANGELICA. It is the way the the tail of the 'g' (if that is what it is...) is written that could be the clue.

If it's not that - then I've no other ideas!

Hope it is... :)
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Thanks elba,

I'll write these down and will look on Wednesday and Thursday to see if they're on my films. I know you're very busy and I appreciate you taking a look at the name for me.

I'll post back to the thread after I view the films again.

Thanks again
Elizabeth