Would like to know what this means please.

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Emmy
Master
Master

Would like to know what this means please.

Post by Emmy »

At the FHC today I found a death record which had this information at the end of the record.
It was a woman who had died age 53
at the end it said 'moglie' the next word wasnt clear but there was one letter followed by 'ue' after that was printed the number 2with a small mark at the top of the number then what looked like mozze di and then the husbands name.

I dont know if this is saying that he was her 2nd husband or she was his 2nd wife or they had only been married for 2 months?
Grateful if someone can solve this mystery for me.
Emmy
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Would like to know what this means please.

Post by BillieDeKid »

Moglie is wife, I don't think mozze fits can you post it?

Elizabeth
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Nozze di = marriage of

Laura
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Sorry Elizabeth I dont have print out of the record. I'm just translating and then writing down the relevant information from all the death records from the LDS films that I have on loan for Sant'Elia Fiumerapido, Province Frosinone, and copying them onto a spreadsheet, once its completed I'm transferring the informaton onto a CD and giving a copy to the FHC they want to send it to ?I.G.I? not sure what this is. They said once they did that then the information would be available online.

Just noticed that Laura has posted to say that 'Mozze de' means 'marriage of' So it must read 'wife of the 2nd marriage of -'husband's name'

Many thanks Elizabeth and Laura

Emmy
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Emmy wrote:I.G.I? not sure what this is.
The International Genealogical Index is a large collection of computerized records collected from all over the world and placed on CD-ROMs. The IGI is part of the FamilySearch databases.
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Many thanks for that explanation Liviomereno
Emmy