help translate the answer?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

help translate the answer?

Postby benaim » 12 Dec 2007, 13:05

Hello,
i wrote a letter to the archive in Agrigento and they answered:

" Prot. n° 5117 cl. 28.34.07/1.4 del 11/12/2007

In riscontro alla Sua richiesta del 08/12/2007, si comunica che gli atti di Stato Civile conservati presso questo Archivio riguardano solo ed esclusivamente i Comuni della provincia di Agrigento e vanno dal 1820 al 1865.

Per gli anni non compresi nel periodo suindicato la S.V. potrà rivolgersi al Comune di appartenenza che di norma può rilasciare copia di certificati, dove si conservano gli atti originali dello Stato Civile.

IL DIRETTORE
Dott.ssa Gerardi Maria Marino """

can someone traslate this answer?
thank you, David
benaim

Re: help translate the answer?

Postby Poipuo4 » 12 Dec 2007, 17:27

Ok, here is a loose translation of what it says. It is not word for word, but I believe it is accurate:

In response to your request, the acts of the Stato Civile that are kept in this archive are regarding solely and exclusively the towns of the province of Agrigento and go from 1820 to 1865. For the years that are not in that period, I will point you to the appropriate department of the town who can issue you a copy of the certificates where they keep the original acts of the Stato Civile.

So basically, write to the actual comune instead of the provincial archive for the documents that you are looking for.
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Postby benaim » 12 Dec 2007, 18:47

Poipuo4 wrote:Ok, here is a loose translation of what it says. It is not word for word, but I believe it is accurate:

In response to your request, the acts of the Stato Civile that are kept in this archive are regarding solely and exclusively the towns of the province of Agrigento and go from 1820 to 1865. For the years that are not in that period, I will point you to the appropriate department of the town who can issue you a copy of the certificates where they keep the original acts of the Stato Civile.

So basically, write to the actual comune instead of the provincial archive for the documents that you are looking for.
thank you very much,

Does anyone knows where can i find the adress of the archive of Bivona area (i beleve it is in Agrigento Area) but have details after 1860?

thank you, David
benaim

Postby liviomoreno » 13 Dec 2007, 08:33

benaim wrote:....

Does anyone knows where can i find the adress of the archive of Bivona area (i beleve it is in Agrigento Area) but have details after 1860?

You may write to:
Comune di Bivona
Servizi dello Stato Civile
Piazza Ducale
92010 Bivona (AG)
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby benaim » 13 Dec 2007, 12:53

thanks a lot, livio.
benaim