Contacting the Carinola Civil Office

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Giambrone
Rookie
Rookie

Contacting the Carinola Civil Office

Post by Giambrone »

Can someone please help me with contacting the Civil office in Carinola.

Carinola Civil Office(+39) 0823-734201)

Want Louise Lepore's Birth Record. She was born March 4, 1894. Also want her father Thomas Lepore and mother Amelia Russo's birth records. Do not know if she had any siblings and if she did also want their birth records. Also if they can see if their are any living relatives living in this area. Also want their email address and a contact person if I need other documents. I have this email address for them
anagrafecarinola@alice.it but they did not answer my email so I donot know if that is it. Is their anyone that can call them and see if they can help me find my relatives.

Frank
Frankgiamb@aol.com
misbris
Master
Master

Re: Contacting the Carinola Civil Office

Post by misbris »

A couple of sites that may be helpful. You probably need to send a letter rather than email, and it should be in Italian. If you need help, let us know.

http://en.comuni-italiani.it/061/017/index.html

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... =&ind=&nc=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Mr. Giambrone you should write in Italian to the Uffico di Stato Civile, comune di Carinola 81030, (CE), Campania, Italy for her birth record (estrattio di nascita =long form which you need to obtain parents names and birth year).

Go to www.mangeruca.com and obtain form letter to request documents in Italian (website is in english and italian ). Once you have the birth reecord you can then ask them to obtain a Certificato di Stato di Famiglia (family certificate) in her fathers names with his birth date or birth year which should give you all the names in his immediate family.

The servuice is free sio may I suggest you include $5.00 or postal coupon in that amount for each document which in your case is initially 1. They do not charge for foreign requests but have to research their files at the end of the day by poor paid clerks.

You have to wait between 6-8 weeks for a reply. =pETER=
Giambrone
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Giambrone »

Can someone please help me translate the following message into Italian so I can email the Civil office in Carinola.

I want my great grandmothers Louise Lepore's birth record. She was born March 4, 1894. Also want her father Thomas Lepore and mother Amelia Russo's birth records. Do not know if she had any siblings and if she did also want their birth records. Also if they can see if their are any living relatives living in this area. Also want their email address and a contact person if I need other documents
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Post by Poipuo4 »

If you go to the site that Peter suggested or to www.circolocalabrese.org (look under resources) there are form letters (circolo has an automatted form letter). All you have to do is fill in the blanks and it should help you with these inquiries. But, I have to warn you that IMHO, you have too many requests in one letter. Just ask for one or two things at a time, or you may not get any response at all.

For living relatives, use the Italian White pages as a starting point. Simply go to www.paginebianche.it and put the last name under cognome and click cerca.
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia
Giambrone
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Giambrone »

Can someone please call the Civil office In Carinola for me