Concering my Great Grandmother??

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ofoghlu
Rookie
Rookie

Concering my Great Grandmother??

Post by ofoghlu »

A forum member graciously directed me to this link - I believe it may be written by or about my great grandmother (Rosa Enriu) who was from Torino. Any translation help whould be greatly appreciated! :D

Torino. - Rosa Enriù venne colpita da forte nevralgia alla nuca, che le portò dolori acerbissimi per circa quattro. mesi e la rese incapace ad ogni cosa ; anzi, non permettendole nemmeno di riposare e di poggiare il capo sul guanciale, la gettava in tale stato di alienazione mentale da far seriamente temere impazzisse. Furono consultati varii medici, ma i rimedii suggeriti non le portarono giovamento. Insieme colla famiglia fe' ricorso a Maria SS. Ausiliatrice. La fede sua e de' suoi fu ben presto premiata; che in breve la povera inferma sentissi alquanto sollevata e poi pienamente guarita. Riconoscente verso di sì buona Madre, dopo un mese dell'ottenuta guarigione fa celebrare una S. Messa di ringraziamento.
Aether
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Concering my Great Grandmother??

Post by Aether »

ofoghlu,
This is a very simple translation, hope it is OK.

Rosa Enriu suffered a sudden attack of severe neurological pain on the nap of her neck for about four months, which prevented her from coping with her daily chores, and even to have some rest and relief by supporting her head on a pillow.
This condition reduced her to such state of mental distress to cause family concern over the possibility of Rosa becoming insane.
Several doctors were consulted, but the treatments suggested did not offer any solace.
With the support of her family she appealed to Maria Santissima Ausiliatrice.
Her Faith, and that of her family received a positive answer, and soon the poor ailing (Rosa) felt a continuous relief and was afterwards completely cured.
Thankful for the intercession of such kind Mother ( Maria Santissima Ausiliatrice), about a month after her cure (Rosa) to express her gratitude offered a Holy Mass celebration.

AETHER :wink:
"Fiori di grano.
Amici piu' di prima saremo;
Amici piu' di prima da lontano".
ofoghlu
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Concering my Great Grandmother??

Post by ofoghlu »

Thanks so much!

:D