Translation help please!! Italian birth records....

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jodilee
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Translation help please!! Italian birth records....

Post by jodilee »

Morning,

After having a few moments to go through the above posting of translations (of which I am extremely greatful) I find that the first 2 translations are indeed connected to my family by exact parental names.

I find that my Domenico had 2 sons Ermengildo (I had ) and Leander (found by this record). Ermengildo had a son, Melichiorre 1858 (my great grandfather) and now I find another son Guglielmo (by parents names) Approx DOB 1861

The other 2 translations do not seem connected, but I will keep them just the same, one never knows. The CANTONI name in Italy is like the SMITH name in the USA, so very common.

Thank you all so much for your help.....Big HUGS.........Jodi
Researching: CANTONI, KAHRS, LEVATI, RAFFA, DORST, HUFNAGEL, BRUSCHI, RUSH, FERRARI, CARUSO, VELCAMP, BAER, BERNAUER, DEROGATIS, KLEIN, LARSEN, YARROW, MEOLA, POND, RAUCHWERGER,RIEBOLDT,WASSMER, WISE
Lindee
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Translation help please!! Italian birth records....

Post by Lindee »

Jodilee: I noticed you are also searching for "Derogatis." My grandfather was Salvatore DeRogatis. He was from Avellino, Teora Naples Italy. His father's name was Leopoldo DeRogatis. I think his mother's name was Katherine..I don't know her maiden name. Salvatore may have had a brother named Pasquale, but not sure. Salvatore married Anne Cetta in 1908 when they came to the US tio settle in WA. What informatio do you have on the DeRogatis fakily? Thank you