Vincenzo Fratantuon Italian Birth Document needs translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
DonnaFuller

Re: Vincenzo Fratantuon Italian Birth Document needs transla

Post by DonnaFuller »

Hello,

I have the film that would have this record at the family history center near me. I'll try to get there next week to see if I can make sense out of it for you. I'll let you know

Donna Fuller
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi Donna

Try putting the larger magnifier in the scanner and also rotate the image 90 degrees or minus 90 degrees and enlarge. That should help and the image needs to be darker to pick up the handwriting so you may have to change the setting on the scanner to manual do darken.

Hope this helps.
DonnaFuller

Post by DonnaFuller »

I just got back from the family history center. The actual microfilm was quite clear.

Record #64
In the year one thousand eigh hundred thirty-three on day 27 of the month of May at the hour twelve
Before us Giuseppe De Lucca, Mayor and officer of the vital records of the town of Marsicovetere, district of Potenza, Province of Basilicata,
Appeared Giovanni Fratantuono son of Giacomantonio, age 28 , Occupation barrel maker? (it was hard to read) living in Marsicovetere.
The same has presented us a male child that we have visibly witnessed, and he has delcared that the same was born of his wife, Rosa Barrile age 28 living in Marsicovetere and of him age as above, occupation as above, living as above, on the day 25 of the month of May year 1833 at the hour 20.

we see in the next column--the baptismal record that the child's name is Giacomantonio Fratantuono.

Good luck!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Donna , I sent you a pm.. regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH