Can anyone make out this name? Suanj? Help!

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
meticulousmobile
Rookie
Rookie

Can anyone make out this name? Suanj? Help!

Post by meticulousmobile »

This is a cutout of my 2xggrandparents' marriage record from Saponara di Grumento in 1893. The writing on this part is hard to read, I didn't realize how important this part was until I looked at it for the hundredth time, It says they have received a death record for Michele Pennellas' former wife who I didn't know existed! I knew there was quite an age difference between him and my 2xggrandmother, and they had their first 2 children before marriage, but this is new. Looks like maybe "Maria" for the first name. I'm guessing that the last name comes first, but I can't make out anything other than the "i"s. Help! Thanks everybody! :wink:
Researching Pennella, Liuzzi, Bottini, Casella, LaPosta, Defeudis, Gaudet, Gallant and Parant.
Lucap
Master
Master

Re: Can anyone make out this name? Suanj? Help!

Post by Lucap »

Have you a bettere image? It's too difficult to read!
However it seems: I documenti sono le copie degli atti di nascita degli sposi, rilasciati da me in data di ieri, e copia dell'atto di morte di Valenti Maria già moglie di Brunetta Michele, rilasciata sul di 21 Ottobre ultimo dall'Uffiziale dello Stato Civile di Eboli

Ciao
Luca
meticulousmobile
Rookie
Rookie

looks like it ends in "inotti", and the first letter either an "S" or "V". Micheles' last name is Pennella. I don't have a better copy, I copied to disc at the FHC, I don't have that film anymore. If I need to re-order I will. Maybe someone familiar with surnames from Potenza especially Saponara di Grumento will have a good guess, I noticed Suanj is excellent with names and translation.
Researching Pennella, Liuzzi, Bottini, Casella, LaPosta, Defeudis, Gaudet, Gallant and Parant.
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi meticulousmobile. Can you send me the file......I'll see if I can get it clearer and repost it for you if you would like.

Email is EJFFTS @ aol.com (take out the space before and after the @ symbol).

Regards
Elizabeth
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

meticulousmobile wrote: looks like it ends in "inotti" :? Maybe... but it seems "inoti" whit only a t
and the first letter either an "S" or "V". Micheles' last name is Pennella :? Well, if you know that Pennella is the real surname I agree whit you, but it's really impossible to understand it from this pic. It seems Pennetta or Brunetta, more than Pennella.
I don't have a better copy, I copied to disc at the FHC, I don't have that film anymore. If I need to re-order I will. Maybe someone familiar with surnames from Potenza especially Saponara di Grumento will have a good guess, I noticed Suanj is excellent with names and translation. :wink: Suanj help!
Ciao
Luca
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, I read this:

"The documents are: the birth acts of spouses, relayed from me in date of yesterday; the death act of Vallinoti Maria already wife of Pennella Michele, relayed in day 21 Oct. ... (illegible) from civil records officer of Eboli( Eboli town)".
Regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Sorry this took so long to post.......here is the entire image with the bottom enhanced

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3097 ... 001hh3.jpg
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Thanks Elizabeth, Michele PENNELA was widow of VALLINOTI Maria (died in Eboli), and this is the second marriage of Michele age 55 son of late Vincenzo and late BOVE Maria Giuseppa; the second wife is LA BOTTA(or similar) Maria Teresa age 30 daughter of late Antonio and late LINNI (?) Anna Maria.
Regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
meticulousmobile
Rookie
Rookie

I love you all!! Thank you!! Now I can see if they had children, another branch of the family! LaBella and Liucci were the last two names btw, this document didn't copy very well for me, thanks for taking the time to figure it out with me!