Help With Translating A Italian Birth Certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Help With Translating A Italian Birth Certificate

Postby imwormer » 28 May 2008, 19:59

Could someone please translate this birth certificate, This should be a Marieta Di Marco with parents by the name of Salvatore and Concetta. Im curious if there is any other names on this certificate as Im looking for a Luigi Di Marco, also is there any address..... I understand as the document is some what hard to read and in bad shape. Thank You...
imwormer

Re: Help With Translating A Italian Birth Certificate

Postby Sirena » 28 May 2008, 21:03

Hi
To me, it looks like:
On the 27 of Sept. 1876 at 8:00 am Salvatore DiMarco, 40 yr. old manufacturer residing in town appeared to declare that on the 16th of this month at 2:30 pm, a female child was born at his house at 58 Via ?? by his wife Concetta di Maria daughter of Calogasa(sp?) to whom they gave the name Marietta.
There are other names listed at the bottom as witnesses which are not too clear but I don't see a Luigi.
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Re: Help With Translating A Italian Birth Certificate

Postby imwormer » 28 May 2008, 22:09

Sirena wrote:Hi
To me, it looks like:
On the 27 of Sept. 1876 at 8:00 am Salvatore DiMarco, 40 yr. old manufacturer residing in town appeared to declare that on the 16th of this month at 2:30 pm, a female child was born at his house at 58 Via ?? by his wife Concetta di Maria daughter of Calogasa(sp?) to whom they gave the name Marietta.
There are other names listed at the bottom as witnesses which are not too clear but I don't see a Luigi.
Thank You Sirena for the quick reply...
imwormer

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations