Could someone help translate a letter?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Could someone help translate a letter?

Postby dianamite » 04 Jun 2008, 14:21

I believe this is from my grandmother's brother. She was born by Angelina Tomasella out of wedlock. Was raised by Achilles Bucci but her real father is David Lembo. The name on the letter (as best I can make out is Guisepe Quaresima.... which causes quandry. Any help in translating the letter is greatly appreciated. If the attachments are not clear, i can provide a link to photobucket. I apologize that is is 3 pages.
Ciao
dianamite

Re: Could someone help translate a letter?

Postby elba » 04 Jun 2008, 15:16

Here are the first two pages to be going on with.... I'm doing the remainder now.
Hope this helps - but there sem to be pages missing...

First page:
....with you dearest sister we need a long telephone, but patience the didstance is cruel, we hope that the Lord will help us as long as we live a few more years.
I don't have more to tell you. Endless wishes and kisses to all your grandchildrean and children I repeat the wishes to Nicolino and family and to Celeste and endless dear kisses again from my wife and I to your husband for always your brother Giuseppe.

A fast reply and good news......

Second page:
..... I am old, therefore if you arrive I am pleased.
Dear sister in law I let you know that the sister Celeste is in Turin, with all four of her children and they are all workng and my brother Nicolino has three children, two in England and the other day he (?) found himself in Switzerland.
Hence all in Italy are emigrating those with children stay like me with no one.
Dearest sister the 3rd of June is the Festival of the Madonna of the Grazie at Castellino, and if God wishes I will go, I've been every year. I tell you also, dear sister, that we have both gone into our pension, and so slowly slowly we are getting on with our lives.
I would like to have a long talk....
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby elba » 04 Jun 2008, 15:33

Here is the third and last (inconclusive) page for you....
elba

Third page:
Petrella I refer to 25.5.1963 dear sister.
I reply straight away to your greatly desired letter received on the 22nd, like all of us in the family we are enjoying good health, I'm bitterly sorry for you and your husband hearing that you have both been ill, and I always had bad thoughts about you, because for a long time I didn't get any post from you, I even asked the postman at Castellino and he replied that he knew nothing about your news.
Dear sister you tell me that your nephew (grandson?) is leaving for Rome, I would be so pleased if he came to Petrella, to know him, as I myself cannot go to Rome, because as you already know.....

If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby dianamite » 04 Jun 2008, 15:41

thank you SO much!!! The quick reply is greatly appreciated...
I have been going in circles trying to find ships, name connections, etc. lol
and to have a piece of the puzzle solved so quickly and thoughtfully is just amazing!!

All the people who help here are to be commended.

Hope your day is a bright and happy one!

Diana
Ciao
dianamite

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian language, handwriting , script & translations