looking for birth records and marriage certificate

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
nickopell

looking for birth records and marriage certificate

Postby nickopell » 31 Oct 2008, 18:01

Hello everyone... I'm trying to find out where Giussepe Pelletieri and his son Domenico Pelletieri born. I need the marriage certificate and the birth records, but I don't know where they born...but here they give a good tip! maybe they came from the region of basilicata or more exactly in the province of potenza...my cuestion is... what do you usually do in this case? you just send a letter to the administration of the region? or the province? or both? thanx!!!!!

TonyDiNobile
Rookie
Rookie

Re: looking for birth records and marriage certificate

Postby TonyDiNobile » 07 Nov 2008, 16:36

Hi !....there is atown called Laurenzano located in the province of Potenza in the region of Basilicata....If you go to www.ellisisland.org , it's free and search Pelletieri you will find several listed including a Domenico Pelletieri arriving in 1899 age 17 , although as in my own case during my own research , the last residence is mispelled on the ship manifest....Ellis island as you will see also offers alternative & close match options to search for last names....I hope this helps ! :) ....

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: looking for birth records and marriage certificate

Postby PeterTimber » 07 Nov 2008, 16:58

Dear Nickopell onc you have the town of origin go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in the name of town of origin on top and click cerca. The lsiting that willcomeoput is the postal code, the town name, the intials for the province and the region. if you click any one of them you willget more information. Click the town name and you will find information about the entire town and even the website which provides more information as well as the normally is the addres to write for documents at the town Ufficio di Stato Civile which is usually the town municipality.

Send the letters in Italian which you willfind form letters in www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/Da ... tters.html

=Peter=

Return to “Locations in Italy”