Parenti Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
jperri

Parenti Italy

Postby jperri » 07 Nov 2008, 13:48

My father and cousin are taking a trip to Italy early December, and will be visiting Parenti. I have tried to contact some of the local officials via the Parenti website and have had all my emails returned undeliverable. Does anyone know of anyone in this village that I can contact to provide me with info and perhaps meet with my family when they are there? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jim Perri
jperri@comcast.net

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Parenti Italy

Postby PeterTimber » 07 Nov 2008, 16:22

There are 58 perri in Parenti whichis a small town.Go to www.paginebianche.it and select those whose first names are prominent inyour immediate family since first names usually stay in families for centuries. You can contact them by mail or telephone and simply ask them if they are related to you. Italian form letters to potential relatives canbe found at www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/Da ... tters.html for such letters to send. You can also telephone them if you wish.

Insofar as Parenti is concerned go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Parenti on top for postal numbers and province which are 87040 and CS for cosenza) Calabria. Go back to first page and under Calabria select Cosenza and then Parenti and there in the website for parenti you will find the website for the comune of Parenti with fotos and addresses of persons and offices including tourist offices and CONTATTI which when you click will give you more direct information. Please let me know how you make out. =Peter=

jperri

Postby jperri » 07 Nov 2008, 17:06

Thanks Peter. I did try the Parenti website, and they seem to have major email problems, as every email I sent to the comune.parenti.cs.it was returned undeliverable. I will try calling some of the folks on the http://www.paginebianche.it/index.html list however.

Thanks again.

misbris
Master
Master

Postby misbris » 07 Nov 2008, 17:07

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 07 Nov 2008, 23:07

I do not personally like sending e-mails for family origin requests. Further not knowing specifically whom to contact requires personal intervention on
your part, one on one contact. In your case it is made difficult by the large number of potential relatives. Perhaps one letter sent to the potential relatives we discussed earlier bu first names with a return addressed envelope with a dollar or two for stamps to encourage a reply will greatly assist. =Peter=

Return to “Locations in Italy”