Forenza, Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
ChuckBennett610

Forenza, Italy

Post by ChuckBennett610 »

I am planning a trip to visit Forenza, Italy this summer. Please let me know if you have any lodging ideas or places for meals. I will be tracing some family while I am there. Thanks
Chuck Bennett
GeoffreySantoliquido

Re: Forenza, Italy

Post by GeoffreySantoliquido »

ChuckBennett610 wrote:I am planning a trip to visit Forenza, Italy this summer. Please let me know if you have any lodging ideas or places for meals. I will be tracing some family while I am there. Thanks
Chuck,
Perhaps since the time you posted this request you've found that Forenza has its own website. Here is the url:
http://www.comune.forenza.pz.it/english/index.html

As you see, the English translations on the site are a bit rough. Look for the link titled "Riceptivity" and you'll find hotel info. Also, check the link titled "Restaurants" for eating and more lodging options. It is a great web site, worth exploring. Pictures, history, and even a video.

I was very interested in your post since my paternal grandfather emmigrated from Forenza to Boston in 1901. I hope to get over there to visit one day and find the graves of ancestors. It seems you have similar interests. The web site provides the email of town officials, including the man who manages vital records. Look at the section titled "Population services department". I expect the staff there could assist in tracking our relatives but I don't know if anyone there speaks English.

You might want to look closely at the Forenza town web site for the listing of events - it seems they have some wonderful celebrations at certain times of the year. A word of caution about the web site - it appears they don't keep it current as evidenced by the listing of events in the year 2007.

I hope you find this information to be useful to you. I'd love to hear back from you. Forenza is a tiny little town of only 2500 people and it seems odd to me that so many emmigrated from there to USA. What is the surname that you are exploring over there?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Chuck I am not sure whether you can read Italian or not but I am sure you might be able to familiarize yourself with the great info provided to you by Geoffrey.

In the event you plan on hiring a vehicle to drive there and wish to obtain hotel and other vital information you can go to www.mappy.com and put in to and from town names which may embellish the information you already have. English is a second and required language in the schools so you can get by if you do not speak Italian.

If you go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Forenza, click CERCA and then click right on FORENZA and a administrative website will show up with maps, Mayors name, municipal addresses and other demographics and scroll down to the www on the right may be the "tourist"website for the town. =have fun =Peter=
~Peter~
ChuckBennett610

Post by ChuckBennett610 »

Thank you for the information. I am getting excited about the trip. I am also going to Pettorano sul Gizio where my grandfathter was born. I appreciate the web sites. I have been researching the area for some time so I have come across a few sites. Also, I have a close family friend who lives in Italy that will be hosting me and my son during our trip. He has offered to assist us as well.
Chuck Bennett