Can Italian regions or cities be located by a Surname??

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
sandyb

Can Italian regions or cities be located by a Surname??

Postby sandyb » 13 Feb 2009, 23:16

I had heard my Italian ancestors came from Palermo but not sure. The names are henrique (Henry) Faccini & Camilla Romeo. Henry was a fisherman who immigrated to California. I had heard many fishermen came from Isola del Femmine. Any info on how to connect surnames to towns would be much appreciated.
Sandy B

Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite

Re: Can Italian regions or cities be located by a Surname??

Postby Joannsalvo » 13 Feb 2009, 23:48

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 14 Feb 2009, 05:17

You also might try www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi which will show the surname distribtuion thruout Italy which will indicate where the surname of interest is most concentrated and then go to www.paginebianche.it and puttin the surname of interest inthe first line and then below that the name of the region or Province (Intials of province only) and click CERCA for any of the surnames living int he region or province indicated by you. =Peter=
~Peter~

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 14 Feb 2009, 05:30

Isola della femmine 90040 is wirthin the Province of palermo. Go to www.nonsolocap.it and type in that name on the top and click and then click whenthe name Isola delle femmine comes up and you will get an adminstrative web page and midway down onthe right may be a website about the town itself. =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Locations in Italy”