San Bartolomeo- which one???

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
sigel7
Rookie
Rookie

San Bartolomeo- which one???

Postby sigel7 » 18 Feb 2009, 00:46

My GGF's inbound paperwork says his origin comune is S. Bartolomeo and his daughters (my GM) says Valmare San Bartolomeo and when I do a search for San Bartolomeo I get two choices on that is S.Bartolomeo Al Mare (which I thought it was and sent for papers from there) and the other is in Lucca prov. Now, I just looked at Brissago Switzerland where my Grandmother was born and I saw just down the road from Brissago, accross the border but on the shoreline of Lake Maggiore was yet another San Bartolomeo, which I am sure is the right one. Can someone tell me what providence this one is so I can send off papers to the uffico di stato civile? Thank you so much in advance.

Catherine

sigel7
Rookie
Rookie

Re: San Bartolomeo- which one???

Postby sigel7 » 18 Feb 2009, 02:05

After finding many many towns w/ the same name, i found the one I need,

Catherine

Biff83
Master
Master

Postby Biff83 » 18 Feb 2009, 13:32

Catherine and everyone,

For future reference, I've found the following site helpful in locating towns and hamlets.

http://www.italyworldclub.com/

Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 18 Feb 2009, 14:52

Another ready reference is www.prontoimprese.it with alphabet for each individual city, town and village and by region. If name of city,town or village is known then you can go to www.nonsolocap.it =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Locations in Italy”