Seeking info on Curino, Piedmont

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
23 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Re: Seeking info on Curino, Piedmont

Postby uantiti » 06 Mar 2009, 12:59

I tried to get in touch with a lady who cooperates in writing that local bulletin I posted before. She knows many things about the town and could tell me how to help you. Unfortunately I was told that she's away and will be back on March 15.
I got then in touch with another lady I know. She told me that the priest will be away too ( he went on pilgrimage to the Holy Land) and will be back by the middle of March. In any case he doesn't live in Curino and just goes there "on request".
The Perotti family come from a small hamlet called Mulino Perotti (Perotti Mill).
Do you want me to find out if there are relatives there? If so, I need more details and you might prefer to send me a PM.

Ada
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Postby LauraCuty » 07 Mar 2009, 17:15

Ada, you are amazing, we did not have these manifests. My mother is in tears. Thank you so much for the time you spent on my family history.

Thank you for checking with your Mom about the church schedule. We are planning on being in Curino on April 3 and 4th. I would like to try and get in touch with the priest ahead of time to identify the grave. Can you ask your Mom who might have this information. I have a friend fluent who can call. Thank you so much.

One last thing, Giovanni Antonio Cagna left NY in the 1930s to go back to Italy (my great grandmother Luigia was being treated for breast cancer and could not make the journey). Can you help me search the manifest for his exit from NY to Italy. Again, thank you Ada! By the way, can I pick up something for you from Italy/Curino? Laura
LauraCuty

Postby uantiti » 07 Mar 2009, 22:18

Laura,
I'm glad you and your mother were so happy to see those manifests.

As I said the priest is not there. The Town Hall is in charge with the cemetery maintenance. The cemetery is very small and if the grave is there it shouldn't be difficult to find it.
On Monday I will try and see if I can find somebody who can give more info. I'll let you know. BTW I've sent you a PM with my e-mail address.

On what concerns manifests for exits from NY to Italy, I'm not sure they exists. I've never seen any. May be some other members here can give you a better info.

Thank you very much for your offer to pick up something for me from Italy/Curino, it's very kind of you but .... I live in Italy.

I'll let you know something in a few days.

Ada
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Postby uantiti » 09 Mar 2009, 09:53

Laura,
I just phoned to an officer in the Town Hall in Curino and he told me that nothing has been removed from the cemetery so if your ancestor was buried there you will find his grave. As I said the cemetery is very small so it will be very easy. I also phoned to a person that I know in Curino and whose surname is Perotti Ozino but he said he doesn't know anything about relatives in USA. I will see now to find someone who speaks English to help you when you'll be in Curino.

Ada
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Postby LauraCuty » 13 Mar 2009, 00:22

Ada, thank you so much. I appreciate your help so much. I cannot thank you enough for calling the Town Hall.

I am sure the possible family in Curino do not know about us. This is our first attempt at connecting with family. I am mailing a letter in Italian to the potential family members to give them the lineage information and see if we are related. I will e-mail that to you.

Again Ada thank you. Laura
I certainly would love to find someone in Curino who speaks English!
LauraCuty

Postby FerrarisdiCurino » 31 Jul 2010, 13:59

uantiti wrote:An this is the family reaching husband and father on Sep 18, 1914.

Lines 3, 4 and 5

[url=http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_weif_5a.asp?src=%2Fcgi-bin%2Ftif2gif.exe%3FT%3D\\\\192.168.4.227\\images\\T715-2371\\T715-23710013.TIF%26S%3D.5&pID=104978010083&name=Guiseppi%26nbsp%3BCagna&doa=Sep+18%2C+1914&port=Genoa&line=0004]page 1[/url]

[url=http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_weif_5a.asp?src=%2Fcgi-bin%2Ftif2gif.exe%3FT%3D\\\\192.168.4.227\\images\\T715-2371\\T715-23710014.TIF%26S%3D.5&pID=104978010083&name=Guiseppi%26nbsp%3BCagna&doa=Sep+18%2C+1914&port=Genoa&line=0004]page 2[/url]

Ada

Hi, I am a South African living in Milan, Italy.

I stumbled across this thread. My great grandfather was also from Curino. I guess that he was related in some way to the ggf mentioned in the previous post.

Richard, please contact me with additional information you may have that can add to the detail. Ada, with your regional experience, and being Curinese, perhaps you have some contacts or suggestions for me to find the documents.

Thanks in advance for the reply and the help, my info follows below:

Regards, Lance

I have the following information. I will be making to trip to Curino next week, or after the August holidays, as I want to try to find my great grandfather's birth certificate and residenza records. My ultimate intention is to make application for Italian Citizenship "jure sanguinis". I luckily have passed certain basic requirements in terms of milestone legal dates, and being able to prove that my greatgrandfather was an Italian Citizen at the time of my grandmother's birth. My mother was born during a period

According to La Voce di Curino, 10 curinese emmigrated from Curino to South Africa.

My great grandfather was *NICOLA ADOLFO FERRARIS* and *not* Alfonso Adolfo (Uncle Babe one of eleven children of Bernardo Ferraris), which is a common incorrect assumption.
*DATE OF BIRTH: 27TH JULY 1883
DATE OF DEATH: 29 OCTOBER 1954, KIMBERLEY
PLACE OF BIRTH: PIEDMONTESE HAMLET OF CURINO, ITALY
HIS FATHER'S NAME: NICOLA FERRARIS

Nicola Adolfo's father's Great Grandfather (Bernardino Ferraris) was mayor of Curinno from 1845-1855 and in 1850 his comune was one of 800 to donate money for the erection of an obelisk in Torino to commerorate the Legge-Siccardi.

My great-grandfather did not become a South African citizen, and was interned during the war. Nicola Adolfo FERRARIS was arrested, as Enemy alien, and interned at Koffiefontein Internment Camp (OVS) on 28.6.1940. He was conditionally released (under statutory restrictions) on 20.10.1940, as he was not considered a “subversive elementâ€
FerrarisdiCurino

Postby tcagna » 29 Oct 2010, 16:08

Hi, I was suchirg in the internet and I found this forum...I'm Thiago Cagna from Brazil, my great-grandfather was Antoni Cagna and my great-great grandgrandfather Jose Cagna. my great-grandmother antonieta canizares and my great-great grandmother Maria Cognotchi.

Do you know about some of them?

Tks a lot,

Thiago Cagna
tcagna

Postby tbar12 » 27 Jan 2014, 03:12

My family is from Curino and I am desperately trying to create a deep family tree. After reading posts from folks who actually knew Curino, I was so excited. The Bardanas (father's side) in Curino married many Perottis in the town just above Curino.

I have visited Curino 8 times with my family and would absolutely be thrilled to start a family tree and trace the family back as far as possible. Any advice and sources of information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Tony
tbar12

Previous

23 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Return to Locations in Italy