s.andreas, is there such a town in italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1

s.andreas, is there such a town in italy

Postby aviphighlanddancer » 03 Nov 2003, 09:01

hi, i am still working on information of my grandfather, andrea marchiori. i found his arrival to the united states on the ellis island site. he came in 1902 and states that he came from s. andreas, italy. can't seem to find anything on this town or village. anyone help me here? thanks.
aviphighlanddancer

Postby suanj » 03 Nov 2003, 13:46

Hi: on ellis island website I've found a
-Andreas Marchiori arrived in USA in 1902. This It is your relative? It comes from the Tyrol? I read from Manifest that he came from Saone-Tione, )last residence and perhaps only residence, that also birth place). Saone is to fraction Tione common (Trento province- Trentino Alto Adige region = Tyrol) In Tyrol very common is the first name Andreas.
-Other Andrea Marchiori has arrived in the 1907 from Sant' Andrea. Are many sant' Andrea commons in Italy. Probable is Sant' Andrea fraction of Curtarolo town (Padova province-Veneto region) or also possible Sant' Andrea fraction of Campodarsego town (Padova province-Veneto region). He travelled with to persons coming from Padova area.

Which of these two persons mentioned interest to you just?
Regards, suanj
:wink: excuse my english
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ptimber » 03 Nov 2003, 16:32

I took a closde look at the manifest and it appears he came from a town with two words each beginnning with the letter "C". There are only two towns meeting this criteria. One is CASTELBELLO CIARDES Postal code 39020 POrovince of Bolzano and the other is CASTELL CONDINO, Postal code 38082, Province of Trento. I did not check further since ZI wanted you to know this and perhaps you may have additional information in case this triggers off something since this is the last place of residence for Andrea Marchiori. on the manifest. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Marchiori reply

Postby aviphighlanddancer » 04 Nov 2003, 08:51

Thank you both for the fast replies. I am interested in the Andrea Marchiori that came to Ellis Island in 1907. this is my grandfather. I have no idea where he was born as we obtained his work records here in British Columbia (this is where he was married and died) and his work records stated his birth place of Castel Franco, Veneto, Italy. I wrote there for the birth certificate with the help of Peter on this web site, but got back a letter stating he was not registered there. He was born in 1884 (don't even know if he would be registered) did they register in that year in Italy? Then we finally found him coming to Ellis Island and it stated his home town of Sant'Andrea. That is why I am trying to find out where it was so I could maybe obtain a birth certificate. He had a brother Antonio who also came to Canada but don't think he came to Ellis Island (not sure if the other Andreas Marchiori that arrived in 1902) was his relation or not.
aviphighlanddancer

s. andreas, italy

Postby aviphighlanddancer » 04 Nov 2003, 09:08

thank you for the quick response. i am interested in andrea marchiori that came to ellis island in 1907. this is my grandfather. he was married and died here in british columbia. we obtained his work records here and they stated his home town was castel franco, veneto, italy. i wrote to them, via peter's help, but got back a letter stating he was not registered there. my nephew found his record in the ellis island site and that is now why we are interested that it says he was from sant' andrea. he had a brother antonio, i am curious also if the other andreas marchiori that arrived in ellis island in 1902 would be a relative. anyways, we are trying to obtain his birth certificate that is why we wanted to know where sant'andrea was?
aviphighlanddancer

Re: s. andreas, italy

Postby suanj » 04 Nov 2003, 11:59

aviphighlanddancer wrote:thank you for the quick response. i am interested in andrea marchiori that came to ellis island in 1907. this is my grandfather. he was married and died here in british columbia. we obtained his work records here and they stated his home town was castel franco, veneto, italy. i wrote to them, via peter's help, but got back a letter stating he was not registered there. my nephew found his record in the ellis island site and that is now why we are interested that it says he was from sant' andrea. he had a brother antonio, i am curious also if the other andreas marchiori that arrived in ellis island in 1902 would be a relative. anyways, we are trying to obtain his birth certificate that is why we wanted to know where sant'andrea was?

Well good day for you is this day..for my personal search exactly I known this place :
is a fraction of Castelfranco Veneto (Treviso province) exactly spelling town is : Sant'Andrea Oltre il Muson (the Muson is a river)..nearly joined to Sant' Andrea of Campodarsego(Padova province) as I had written to you previously ...
This little village Sant'Andrea Oltre il Muson was instituted in quality of Common in 1810 and subsequently, it was annexed to Castelfranco Veneto' s common. Therefore your demand goes sended to Common of Castelfranco Veneto, but specifying that Andrea Marchiori is born in Sant' Andrea Oltre Muson.
Regards, suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby aviphighlanddancer » 05 Nov 2003, 08:29

thank you so much for your help. if it were not like people like you helping people like me, we would never get any further in our searching. thanks so much, we will try that next. it just gets more interesting and exciting all the time. will let you know how we make out. thank you.
aviphighlanddancer

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Locations in Italy