Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
misbris
Master
Master

Re: Giacomo Forlenza - Contursi

Post by misbris »

Gennaro's parents are Giovanni Marino and Elizabetta Parisi (another Contursi name)
goku416
Rookie
Rookie

Post by goku416 »

I tried calling the cemetery, but I guess they're closed right now. I'll try again tomorrow. This might be where Felicia Ricca is buried then.
St. John Cemetery
80-01 Metropolitan Avenue
Middle Village, NY 11379-2991
I'll have to call them on Monday because they are closed already and they're not open Sundays.
RushTrek

Post by RushTrek »

There are several Forlenza's In Silver Mount
goku416
Rookie
Rookie

Post by goku416 »

I tried calling Silver Mount, but it went to an answering machine again. Did they answer your call? Do you know if Antonio Forlenza is buried there?
goku416
Rookie
Rookie

Post by goku416 »

I found out that that's the right Gennaro Marino because both he and Felicia Ricca are buried at St. John Cemetery. The date he was buried matches up with the death certificate I found. Silver Mount still isn't answering their phone though.
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Great,

I've been waiting to hear what happened. Have you found a death certificate for M Micala Briscione? If I knw for sure who her father was, I would be able to tell you haw we are related.

Have you checked FHC? I found all my NJ family's cemetery records there.

Also Branca is a Contursi name. So that is another possibility
goku416
Rookie
Rookie

Post by goku416 »

I left a message on Silver Mount's answering machine, so I should hopefully get a response sometime soon. Michela Briscione should also be buried there, and then they'll be able to give me the year she died. That should help a lot with finding her death certificate. The strange thing is that she's impossible to find after the 1910 Census. She must have still been alive when Antonio died since he's still listed as married on his death certificate. She was living with her oldest son Nunziato, but his passportsays went back to Italy to settle the estate right after his Antonio died. I'm not sure if he ever returned to the United States because his son Patrickfrequently visited Nunziato and his wife in Italy. I got those three death certificates from the FHC, but I never looked for cemetery records there. I didn't know they had those too.
contursi091

Post by contursi091 »

Vincenza Forlenza was my great-grandmother and she married Pasquale Sarlo who was also from Contursi. She Settled in Waterbury, CT and had five kids... This is so random that I found this.. I was just doing research for school and stumbled across this.

Edit... After reading through the rest of this forum I realized that there must have been another generation that came over from Contursi. Still related though !
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Contursi is not a big town and it seems like everyone is interrelated. Have you seen this post? It is amazing! This must be more of your family.

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... zione.html
goku416
Rookie
Rookie

Post by goku416 »

I called Silver Mount Cemetery again, and they answered and told me that they cannot look up any graves for people who died before 1930 over the phone. I'd have to send a $25 check in the mail. I'm not sure if I want to do that. If I knew when Vincenza's brothers died, maybe they would be buried with their parents. I wish I could just visit the cemetery to find it myself.
Debbiesloan1955

Post by Debbiesloan1955 »

Hello. I am back on this forum after a large time gap
Mmontalto

Post by Mmontalto »

Hello! Another great-grandson of Vincenza Forlenza here. We just got my grandmother, Rose Larocca (maiden name Marino, Giovanni & Vincenza’s daughter, 96 this year), an ancestry.com dna test for Xmas, and while looking up info on her family tree, found this website. Interesting!
- Mark Montalto, Rhinebeck NY