Street Name in Terrasini

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
xz5bz9
Rookie
Rookie

Street Name in Terrasini

Post by xz5bz9 »

Does someone know if the street names in Terrasini have changed since 1889? I have an address at Via Delisi (?) in 1889, but do not see that street name on a google map today.
xz5bz9
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Street Name in Terrasini

Post by xz5bz9 »

We just returned from Sicily and discovered an interesting fact. The street name on my grandfather's birth certificate was not actually the street. It was the name of the house that he lived in. Delisi was the owner. So, his birth record said his residence was Via Delisi. The actual street name was Via Danta Alighieri. It appears not much has changed in Terrasini since my grandfather was born there in 1889.
rosariod

Post by rosariod »

Hi,
My grandfather, Rosario DeLisi, was from Terrasini...so was my father, Dominic DeLisi. I've been trying to contact some DeLisi's in Terrasini...but don't know where to start. I just happened on your post by accident.
So...by any chance did you meet any DeLisi's while you were in Terrasini??? Any more importantly, did you get anyone's email address.
I know this post is a couple of years old...I'm just hoping you will get this message.
Thanks,
Roz DeLisi
seabreezes1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by seabreezes1 »

Hi -

For what it's worth, I have an earlier generation in my DB:

1742: Husband Vito Giannola was born about 1742.

1762: Rosaria Di Lisi was born about 1762 in Favoratta, Terrasini, Palermo, Sicily, dau. of Vincenzo Di Lisi and Giacoma Cipola.

1776: Rosaria Di Lisi married Vito Giannola on 29 July 1776 in Terrasini, Sicily when about 14 years old.

1787: Daughter Margherita Giannola was born about 1787. She married twice, Pietro Giuseppe Tocco and Filippo Pellerito, and had at least seven children.

1843: Daughter Margherita Giannola died after 1843.

1846: Rosaria Di Lisi died on 12 March 1846 in Terrasini, Sicily, about 84 years old.

Start digging in this file for more info: https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... 2F11905832

Genealogy is a TEAM sport!
Karen
Sicilian Family: Favazza, Favaloro, LoChirco, Russo
Lombard Family: Aspesi, Morosi, Ferrazzi, Zocchi, Caru