BUTI? wWas it destroyed in WWII?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

BUTI? wWas it destroyed in WWII?

Postby Loriefran » 10 Jan 2004, 07:12

Hello Everyone!!!!

I had a Great Aunt tell me that the town of Buti was pretty much destroyed during World War II. Is this true? It is a little north of Pisa.

If it was, did any records survive? Where would I write for those records that did survive?

If Buti was not damaged too much by the Germans and Americans, where would I write for information from the mid to late 1800's?

Thank you for your help.

Lorie Franceschi
Auburn CA
Loriefran

Re: BUTI? wWas it destroyed in WWII?

Postby suanj » 10 Jan 2004, 08:25

Loriefran wrote:Hello Everyone!!!!

I had a Great Aunt tell me that the town of Buti was pretty much destroyed during World War II. Is this true? It is a little north of Pisa.

If it was, did any records survive? Where would I write for those records that did survive?

If Buti was not damaged too much by the Germans and Americans, where would I write for information from the mid to late 1800's?

Thank you for your help.

Lorie Franceschi
Auburn CA

Hi Buti Common exist, many towns in Italy they were destroyed and reconstructed. For destruction not agree destruction serious total, but damages for strafing...currently in Buti living around 6000 persons... this are official website Buti Common http://www.comune.buti.info/index.htm
...for your question to write to Buti Common.. (Ufficio Stato Civile and Ufficio Anagrafe) servizi.demografici@comune.buti.pi.it
also:
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Giovanni XXIII, 7
56032 Buti (PI)
Italia

Regards, suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ptimber » 10 Jan 2004, 16:08

CVivil rfecords for Buti go from 1867 to 1915 and are also on micorfilm at the family History Library of the Mormon church nearest your home. You can either write to Buti or view the micorfilm of all births, marriages and deaths and/or request specific current documents form the Uffico Di Stato Civile. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Locations in Italy