travel

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
k8landers
Rookie
Rookie

travel

Postby k8landers » 12 Nov 2009, 04:26

I would like to travel to Italy in the next two years both to research family history as well as to visit the places that my great grandparents lived - Capestrano and Bussi del Torino. Are there reputable travel agencies that offer trips like this? Or organizations in Italy that will help us while we are there?

Thank you

misbris
Master
Master

Re: travel

Postby misbris » 12 Nov 2009, 23:06

If the correct name of your town is Bussi Sul Tirino in Abruzzo, you are lucky because the towns are very near each other. :D Since you have time, I would suggest that you look for a hotel and/or agroturismo in or near one of the towns. It is near Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga National Park, so I believe there will be accomodations.

When I visited my town, we found a wonderful driving service who took us from Rome to the town and then returned to pick us up. We were quite a few people, so his prices were more reasonable than the train. No cabs, no worry about luggage, and he also interpreted for us. I also suggest you contact possible relatives in the towns so they ease the way for you to find records. I have travelled in Italy may times and this was our most worry free trip.

Let me know if you want more info. :lol:

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: travel

Postby PeterTimber » 12 Nov 2009, 23:12

You may also wish to familiarize yourself with both towns so that when you discuss anything you will be familiar with certain tourist aspects of the towns in your readings.

Go to www.tuttitalia.it/abruzzo/89-capestrano

www.tuttitalia.it/abruzzo/23-bussi-sul-tirino

When you scroll down the page for each town to the right should appear a www. for the town tourist attractions and hopefully fotos. Capestrano has an "english corner". Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Locations in Italy”