Mestr - birth certificate

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Mestr - birth certificate

Postby Nordapo » 02 Jan 2010, 22:27

Hallo,
I' ve just registered and want to introduce myself at first. My name is Sabine, I'm living in Germany and do family researches since 1973.
The locations of my ancestors are mainly Germany and Austria-Hungary. So, if I can help you somehow in Germany, just write.
Now to my question:
One of my husband's ancestors was born in Mestre either 3rd or 9th of July 1803 (maybe birth and baptism). His name was Anton Vetter (Edler von Doggenfeld), his parents' names are Johann Vetter (Edler von Doggenfeld), born 1764 in Ofen/Hungary and Barbara (Francisca?) Perfetta, born in Szombathely/Hungary. Can anybody write, to whom I can write to recieve a birth certificate? I've already tried the military archive in Vienna, where I couldn't get help. In 1803 the father Johann Vetter was a member of the 2nd hussar regiment.
Any help about the registered data in Italy concerning military personal is appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Sabine
Nordapo

Re: Mestr - birth certificate

Postby PeterTimber » 02 Jan 2010, 23:28

Dear Sabine You can know about Italian Military conscription records at
www.cimorelli.com/pie/faq/pfaq_b35.htm

If you need more information please let me know about which country you are referring to in requesting a birth record so that I can give you that specific country information. =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby Nordapo » 03 Jan 2010, 18:32

Hallo Peter,
thanks for your answer. But I think, I didn't explain my question sufficiently.
I am looking for the birth certificate of my ancestor:
ANTON VETTER, * 3. or 9.7. 1803 in Mestre
His parents were Johann Vetter, * 25.6.1764 in Ofen/Hungary with Hungarian nationality and Barbara (Francisca) Perfetta, * in Szombathely/Hungary.
In 1803 Johann Vetter was first lieutenant in the 2nd hussar regiment of the Austrian-Hungarian army. The 2nd hussar regiment participated in the Napoleonic wars and Johann Vetter was in the north of the today Italy. During this time his son was born in Mestre. Although the military archive of Vienna has a lot of documents, we can't find the birth certificate. I already tried to contact a church in Venice to get information, where my ancestor could have been baptized. But I didn't get an answer.
So, does anybody know, where military staff was baptized or where a birth could have been documentated?
Thanks in advance.
Sabine
Nordapo

Postby PeterTimber » 04 Jan 2010, 03:27

Mestre Venezia is listed as havi\ng 68 churches and Mestre is simply a hamlet or collection of houses on the road to Venezia. Go to www.mappy.it and put in Mestre and see its relation to Venezia. You have a lot of researching to do since many of the 68 churches assigned to Mestre Venezia area have telephone numbers indicating they have a resident priest.

If you go to www.parrocchie.it and put in MESTRE you can sere this for yourself. =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby Krisztina » 04 Apr 2012, 20:27

Nordapo wrote:Hallo,
I' ve just registered and want to introduce myself at first. My name is Sabine, I'm living in Germany and do family researches since 1973.
The locations of my ancestors are mainly Germany and Austria-Hungary. So, if I can help you somehow in Germany, just write.
Now to my question:
One of my husband's ancestors was born in Mestre either 3rd or 9th of July 1803 (maybe birth and baptism). His name was Anton Vetter (Edler von Doggenfeld), his parents' names are Johann Vetter (Edler von Doggenfeld), born 1764 in Ofen/Hungary and Barbara (Francisca?) Perfetta, born in Szombathely/Hungary. Can anybody write, to whom I can write to recieve a birth certificate? I've already tried the military archive in Vienna, where I couldn't get help. In 1803 the father Johann Vetter was a member of the 2nd hussar regiment.
Any help about the registered data in Italy concerning military personal is appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Sabine

Hello Sabine, I have just registered because I saw your post. I from Hungary and my great-great grandfather was Anton Vattay. He died in 1882 in Budapest. Later the family changed the name to Vattay. This is how you can search the family. Anton Vetter has his munumental grave at Cemetery Kerepesi in Budapest. If you wish I can give you more information on this branch of the familytree.
Krisztina

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Locations in Italy