Monasteries and convents for accomodations/Montese area

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
mwilken
Rookie
Rookie

Monasteries and convents for accomodations/Montese area

Postby mwilken » 20 Feb 2010, 15:28

Are there any Monasteries, convents and or farmhouses that could accomodate 10-12 visitors in the Montese area? I know there is a book available to buy but thought someone might have first hand experience with the accommodations in that area. Thank you.

misbris
Master
Master

Re: Monasteries and convents for accomodations/Montese area

Postby misbris » 20 Feb 2010, 16:37

Hi, :lol:

I once stayed in a monastery in the Verona area. It was very, very inexpensive, BUT, the accomodations were spartan, meals were at a set time, and the place was lock tight at 10 pm. In addition, the location was remote and inconvenient.

If you have a large group and want to contain expenses, I would suggest you look into an Agroturismo. These are private homes, farms, etc which are sanctioned by the Italian government to give tourists a real flavor of the food and culture of the area. Some are quite rustic, but some, have all the amenities. One we visited had a swimming pool, jogging paths, lovely olive groves and incredible food. I never stayed in one in the Montese area, but here is a site to visit.

http://en.agriturismo.it/emilia_romagna/index.jsp

mwilken
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mwilken » 20 Feb 2010, 18:18

Thank you. I am checking it out.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 20 Feb 2010, 20:39

There is a website with questions and answers about agroturism and hotels for Montese at www.vacans.com/en/italy/subscribe.aspx

Clickon British flag for english to the right and click SEARCH at the left for Montese=Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Locations in Italy”