Realty in Italy...

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Realty in Italy...

Post by DeFilippis78 »

For fun me and my husband were looking at websites about places to live in Italy. It seems to be all apartments that are as big as houses with 2000 sq. feet or old farm houses that have been renovated. Is it unrealistic to ever be able to buy a private home in Italy thats fairly new? Are they extremely pricey or does it go by region?

Alicia
Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Realty in Italy...

Post by Bette »

Hi Alicia,
I don't have an answer to your questions, but have you ever watched Househunters International on HGTV? I have seen several episodes where people are house hunting in Italy and it is really quite an eye opener. One of the nice aspects of the program is that you get to see different areas of Italy. These are mostly older homes; or apartments (depending on the city) and needing renovation. Quite interesting!
Bette
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

I dont watch much TV but Im sure just like here in America the prices range from low to super high all over Italy. I was just wondering. With the limited space in the city, of course apartments are most common. But Im wondering in smaller towns what the usual is; apartments or private homes?

Alicia
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I would say that you would encounter a number of different living arrangements in each comune in which you seek lodging. I know from past experience we sought out lodging in a small town which turned out to be Michelangelo's home town and we found a lovely house in an olive grove. Nearby there wer several apartment houses with apartments and rooms for rent. It all depends on the luck of the draw. =Peter=
~Peter~