Vasto, Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Re: Vasto, Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Thank you Peter and Robert for this little bit of history of Vasto. Its good stuff. Robert, is your father from Italy?

Alicia
Diomedes1962

Post by Diomedes1962 »

Alicia,

I don't know where he was from but one day I might find out - he could have passed for Italian, but my Mom's Irish DNA is where I get my looks (and people often think I'm German - maybe somthing to do with the Scandinavian Vikings who colonised parts of Ireland many centuries ago!).
brianco

Post by brianco »

Greetings

I am English with roots close to Hadrians Wall. I have had my DNA tested and have a similar genetic makeup to an Abruzzo descendant.

I am U152* (DNA group) that is 'widespread' in Italy. Does anybody know if there are any DNA projects from the region?

Thanks in advance

Edit

For anybody interested I found one:
http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Abr ... fault.aspx
Diomedes1962 wrote:Peter,

That's great. I love all that stuff. I have visitied L'Aquila a few times and it's great for the mountains (and the August meteor showers which just about coincides with the big summer holiday all across Italy). Next time I'll take a more closer look at the local DNA.

Much appreciated.

Robert.
Diomedes1962

Post by Diomedes1962 »

P.S. There are also many movies filmed in Abruzzo, including, of course, George Clooney's 'The American' (based loosely on Martin Booth's 1990 book 'A Very Private Gentleman'). The Abruzzo Film Commission has a website with a directory of movies shot in Abruzzo: http://www.abruzzofilmcommission.org/en ... /index.php