Salatiello

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Salatiello

Postby Muffy » 21 Mar 2010, 01:46

I'm trying to find information on Giovanni Salatiello born abt. 1865 in Italy. He married a lady name Rose_____ Which might be Roasaria and Rose is a nickname, not sure. They had a daughter, Carmella Salatiello born abt. 1886 in Calvizzano, Naples. She married Vincenzo Cardone born Dec. 13, 1885 in Naples Italy.
I'm trying to find out who Giovanni Salatiello parents and siblens were and Rose maiden name and her parents. Thank you. Donna
Muffy

Re: Salatiello

Postby Squigy » 21 Mar 2010, 11:06

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has microfilm records for Calvizzano from 1809-1929. Carmella's birth record should state her mother's full (maiden) name. This should also help to find Giovanni's birth record, that is if he was born in Calvizzano. Find your local Family History Center with this link:

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... et_fhc.asp

Rose is not an Italian name. It could be an Americanized version of Rosa, or as you have Rosaria. Do you know when and where they were married? A marriage record would most likely have both Rosaria and Giovanni's parent's names.

Hope this helps!!
My Italian surnames:

Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone

Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile

Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
Squigy
Master
Master

Re: Salatiello

Postby Muffy » 21 Mar 2010, 14:59

I have know marriage dates for them. Thank you. Donna
Muffy