Tasso, Liguria Region - cemetery

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
DonnaSF47

Tasso, Liguria Region - cemetery

Postby DonnaSF47 » 10 Apr 2010, 03:09

Is anyone familiar with the frazione of Tasso, Liguria region of Genova? I'm posting photos of the cemetery there on Find-a-Grave and would like to know the actual name of the cemetery. Note on back of my photo says "Rapallo Cemetery" but it's no where near Rapallo. I took the photo myself in 2004. Please email me at DonnaSF47@comcast.net

Thank you!

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Tasso, Liguria Region - cemetery

Postby PeterTimber » 10 Apr 2010, 03:47

Go to www.tuttitalia.it/liguria/54-lumarzo

The frazione Tasso is located within the comune of Lumarzo. =Peter=
~Peter~

DonnaSF47

Postby DonnaSF47 » 10 Apr 2010, 05:38

Thank you for the reply Peter. I've been to Tasso - very nice little ancestral village. Somehow I didn't make good notes about the actual name of the cemetery, just noting "Rapallo Cemetery" on the back of the front gate photo. I went to no cemetery other than that one so I know it was not taken in Rapallo. I was just hoping someone on this site lives near Tasso or knows it well enough to know the official name of the cemetery. At this point I've entered the name of the cemetery onto Find-a-Grave as "Tasso." Can't believe I traveled that far and didn't get that detail :)

pink67
Master
Master

Postby pink67 » 10 Apr 2010, 06:50

Hi Donna,

I live in the area and I have been in Tasso only once... but I know that Tasso is a Fraction of the Comune/town of Lumarzo - Genoa Province...

Laura :D

DonnaSF47

Postby DonnaSF47 » 10 Apr 2010, 16:08

Thank you for the reply Laura. Do you happen to know the proper name for the cemetery in Tasso? Also do you know anyone in the area (or yourself) who does research and could do a little for me at the church there or at the office in Lumarzo? I will gladly pay for the work. When I was there in 2004 the priest at the Tasso church was very rude and would not even speak to us (I speak no Italian but had an Italian friend with me so there was no language barrier) and in the Comune di Lumarzo office I found no record of my family, yet someone I met online did find one record a few years later. I have exact birthdates for both of my gggrandparents, both allegedly born in Tasso but I can find no connection to any of the GENTOSOs buried or living there. I also met 3 very nice GENTOSO families on my trip - 1 in Genoa, 2 in Tasso but the language barrier makes it too difficult to communicate. Thank you!

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 10 Apr 2010, 16:26

I will venture to advise you to contact a Genova city sponsorship group for Genova and Liguria and ask them for their assistance by e-mail at GENOVAFORUM@YAHOO.IT

The moderator of their forum is Roberta Marinin. =Peter=
~Peter~

DonnaSF47

Postby DonnaSF47 » 10 Apr 2010, 20:17

Thanks so much Peter, I'll try that.

Return to “Locations in Italy”