Donnici Inferiore - Cosenza

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Donnici Inferiore - Cosenza

Postby fishacura » 21 Jul 2010, 16:15

My maternal great grandmother was born in "Donnici Inferiore" according to family relatives. When checking the FHC microfiche, I have only found a town called "Donnici". Anyone know if this is one in the same because I had heard there was a Donnici Inferiore and a Donnici Superiore....
fishacura
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Donnici Inferiore - Cosenza

Postby vj » 21 Jul 2010, 16:26

Hi!
Yes, those are the correct films.
My family records from Donnici do not have the distinction of Inferiore or Superiore in them.
Those two designations probably happened after 1910.
(my family was also from Donnici Inferiore)
Valarie
vj
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 21 Jul 2010, 16:36

In Comune di Cosenza, Provincia di Cosenza, Regione di Calabria, you will find Frazioni named Donnici Inferiore and Donnici Superiore.

I am not sure about Inferiore/Superiore usage, but towns are sometimes divided (formally or colloquially) into "upper" and "lower" segments; for example, the part which is on the hillside vs the part which at the bottom of the hill.

I suspect that FHL combined the films under a single Donnici heading.

Frazione = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frazione

PS: There is a third frazione in Cosenza which may be of interest: Crocevia di Donnici. In any event, all of these are part of Comune di Cosenza and records will be held by the comune, not the individual frazioni.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby fishacura » 21 Jul 2010, 16:54

Thanks VJ and Johnnyonthespot!!!
fishacura
Rookie
Rookie

Postby MassimoDonnici » 30 Jul 2013, 00:38

Donnici is a "frazione" of Cosenza and is divided in "inferiore" (below the hill) and "superiore" (above the hill)
"Crocevia" or "Bivio" (crossroad) is a part of Donnici Inferiore, where there is the cross between SS19 and SS178 (SS=strada statale=important road).
I live there
MassimoDonnici

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Locations in Italy