Help me, news from Molise

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
nico57

Help me, news from Molise

Postby nico57 » 13 Aug 2010, 14:50

Mr. JohnArmellino
Salutes are nico57 and I have been being enrolled for few days to your forum, and I have to say a beautiful forum for the impassioned ones of heraldry.
I have had contacts with the sig. Suanj and to have increases information you/he/she has invited me to address to her and in language English (I apologize me for my English, I am using a translator).
I come to the point:
I am of SORA (FR) Italy, my father told that my great-grandfathers originated from Rome, but orginariamente has lived to Campobasso or near Campobasso.
Keeping in mind that my grandfather born Moncelli Vincenzo I suppose among 1890 and 1900, should his/her great-grandfathers be of 1870 in then, boh I don't know??
You/he/she could kindly find traces on them.
Certainly of one pleasant interest of his, I hand her the mieies more kindest regards.

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Help me, news from Molise

Postby Italysearcher » 14 Aug 2010, 06:27

Nico, anch'io abito a Sora. Vai alla biblioteca di Sora e trova tutto quello che serve. Oppure chiamami a 0776832107.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 14 Aug 2010, 10:12

Nico57 hai dimenticato di dire i nomi che cerchi; i nomi dei tuoi antenati campobassani (o della zona)...
for John Armellino:
Nico57 ask help for to find the ancestors coming from Campobasso.... maybe you can help...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Postby JohnArmellino » 14 Aug 2010, 15:52

Hi Nico - I don't have any entries under Moncelli or Altamura in my database. However, the database doesn't include all the civil records of Campobasso 1809-1910. I do have two entries under Mongelli, but that family originated in Molfetta. I also have a database of church records 1661-1762 (including all baptismal records) and neither surname appears in that database either. It appears that the surnames Moncelli and Altamura did not originate in Campobasso.

As per the surname search engine at italia.indettaglio.it, Altamura appears in Molise today only in small numbers - a few in Campobasso and a couple in Termoli. Moncelli does not appear at all in Molise.

I'm sorry I couldn't been of some help.
John Armellino

Return to “Locations in Italy”