Troina, Sicily or Agira, Sicily - Researching Polizzi Family

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.

Troina, Sicily or Agira, Sicily - Researching Polizzi Family

Postby trundo » 12 Sep 2010, 02:58

I am in search of cemeteries in Troina and Agira. I am looking for my family ancestors named Polizzi. For starters, Serafino Polizzi - my great-great grandfather. I am almost positive he died in one of these comunes.

Any information on contacts, email address, pictures of grave stones, etc. would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Re: Troina, Sicily or Agira, Sicily - Researching Polizzi Fa

Postby PeterTimber » 12 Sep 2010, 14:52 53-troina and www.tuttitalia/it/sicily/75-agira should cover both adminstrative and tourist webpages.

Send requests for document to the Ufficio di Stato Civile at the addresses located under MUNICIPIO which are gree of charge ... tters.html will explain and furnish form letters. There may not be gravestones sine in many towns and villages people are buried for 20 years and then dug up and all the bodis are put into a comunal pit. Land is scarce but records are in the MUNICIPIO for death information.
The cemetaries in Italy are usually at the highest point surround by the cypress tree. =Peter=

Return to “Locations in Italy”