Address in Italy and Map

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Last
Veteran
Veteran

Address in Italy and Map

Postby Last » 26 Oct 2010, 16:35

One of my children is traveling to Italy in the next few days. They will have some time to look for my grandparents birth place.

One grandparent was born in the house in Saint Egidio Hamlet at number 12.

The other gtandfather was born in the house in Ginestre street number 57.

Could anyone give direction from Rome to these place also could you give me a map.

Thanj you very much.
Parente, Camerlengo, De Iorio, Di Luca, Mirra, Mirro, De Stefano, De Spirito

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Address in Italy and Map

Postby liviomoreno » 26 Oct 2010, 16:49

There are several Sant'Egidio in Italy. Do you know what was the name of the Town...

Last
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Last » 26 Oct 2010, 17:00

Hi thank you for looking at my post. From the trnslation is states the vital records officer on the town of Montefuco appeared GiovanniParente 32 years old, farmer living in Montefusco who told that at 6 am of the d 8 of this month in the house in Saint Egidio (hamlet) at# 12.

the other translation Luigi Camerlengo town assessor for the absent Mayor and vital records officer of the Town of San Giorgio La Montagna appeared Giuseppe Mirra 34 years, joiner living in this town who declared that at 2:15 am of the 3rd of this month in te house in Ginestra stree # 57

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 26 Oct 2010, 17:29

Montefusco is 180 miles from Rome 3 hours driving directione can be found at http://maps.google.it/maps?f=d&source=s ... e=UTF8&z=8

I cannot find a town named San Giorgio la Montagna

maestra36
Master
Master

Postby maestra36 » 26 Oct 2010, 19:23

Livio,
I found the following:

L'attuale denominazione ha sostituito la vecchia [3] il cui nome era San Giorgio della Montagna di Montefusco, poiché il paese faceva parte del feudo di Montefusco; il nome fu cambiato in "San Giorgio la Montagna" e rimase tale fino al 1929 (si narra che Arturo Bocchini, capo della polizia fascista e persona allora assai influente, stanco di essere chiamato il montanaro fece in modo che la denominazione del comune fosse cambiata in San Giorgio del Sannio).

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Giorgio_del_Sannio

Last
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Last » 27 Oct 2010, 00:17

thank you but i dont umderstant italian I need a map of the areas and the addresses i listed. where do i go yo find that

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 27 Oct 2010, 05:44

Sangiorgio della Montagna and Montefusco are the same place. I gave you the map in my previous post, here it is again http://maps.google.it/maps?hl=it&q=mont ... pania&z=13

Return to “Locations in Italy”