Cacurri Calabria??

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
ldineen
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Cacurri Calabria??

Post by ldineen »

Jaynie,

Could Salvatore Prete have had a sister, Filomena? I show a Filomena Prete that married a Pietro Pasculli, in my family history.

Laura
TiffanyLamkin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TiffanyLamkin »

Hi. I stumbled across this while researching my family's history and was hoping to get some more information. My great-uncle was Al Falbo from Smithers, WV, but my research shows his parents as John (1884-1967) and Mary Falbo (1897-1968). John had brothers named Albert and Agostino. His parents were Vincenzo Falbo and Rosa Elizabetta Secreto. Any information that anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tiffany
Searching for the following surnames: Dangoia, Gioia, Laurenzana, Pignanelli, Olivito, Falbo, Colosimo, Rizzo, Montano.
ldineen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ldineen »

Tiffany,
We are related. I know your family history back to Caccuri. I also know your direct relatives that still live there. I was talking to one of them on facebook today! I have done our family history back to the 1700's. I go back to caccuri almost every year to visit cousins! My email is ldineen@hotmail.com
please email me so we can exchange phone numbers. I'd love to talk to you!
Ciao cugina!
ldineen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ldineen »

Tiffany,
I also have pictures of Vincenzo and Rosa Elizabetta!! I got them from one of your cousins that lives in NC! Can't wait to hear from you!
ldineen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ldineen »

Tiffany,
I also have pictures of Vincenzo and Rosa Elizabetta!! I got them from one of your cousins that lives in NC! Can't wait to hear from you!
TiffanyLamkin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TiffanyLamkin »

So exciting! I'll email you off the board now.

Tiffany
Searching for the following surnames: Dangoia, Gioia, Laurenzana, Pignanelli, Olivito, Falbo, Colosimo, Rizzo, Montano.
Mlprete

Post by Mlprete »

Dear JPrete,

Hello. I am on this site for the first time today. I have been searching for my great aunt that I believe has recently passed. Rosita Prete lived in Caccuri, Italy. I believe my great aunt was my grandfather's brother's wife. I have many relatives in Morgantown, WV on both my grandmother and grandfather side. My father and his two sisters, one being Matilda and the other Catherine were born in Star City, WV. I thought I would look into this website when I came across this older posting. I hope you read this and choose to reply. I wonder if you and I are distantly related? Regards, MPrete
jdewitt

Post by jdewitt »

My name is John DeWitt and I live in NC. My grandmother was Rosalia Falbo sister of John(Gennaro) Falbo of Smithers, WV. I have a tree on ancestry.com and will send anyone a link to that tree if you send me your email. My email is jd1020@dewittmail.us. I went to Caccuri in 2010 with Laura, who has several post, and met the Falbo family still living there. There are pictures of the visit on our website www.dewittfamily.us.

There were five childern in my Falbo branch from Caccuri. My grandmother Rosalia Falbo who married Gasper Milie also from Caccuri. They lived in Washington, PA. John(Gennaro) Falbo who went to Boomer/Smithers WV. I have been trying to make contact and get more info on John's family. James Falbo(Giovanni Battista) Falbo who went to Detroit, MI. Frank(Fernando) Falbo who went to Agentina. I haven't found any info on him. Maria Giuseppa Falbo who stayed in Caccuri. It's her family we visited in Caccuri. Their father was Vincenzo Falbo and mother was Elizabetta Secerto. The farm the childern were raised on is still in the Falbo family. Also they had a house in the city. They are bothowned by Antonio Falbo. Pictures of the farm are on our website. We hope to go back this year. If anyone would like to share family info or pictures please contact me by email or phone 704-838-6153.
Philip Prete

Post by Philip Prete »

Yes, Salvatore Prete did have a sister Named Filomena, Bothe her and Salvatore where my Grandfathers siblings.......

Philip Prete
Philip Prete

Post by Philip Prete »

Mlprete wrote:Dear JPrete,

Hello. I am on this site for the first time today. I have been searching for my great aunt that I believe has recently passed. Rosita Prete lived in Caccuri, Italy. I believe my great aunt was my grandfather's brother's wife. I have many relatives in Morgantown, WV on both my grandmother and grandfather side. My father and his two sisters, one being Matilda and the other Catherine were born in Star City, WV. I thought I would look into this website when I came across this older posting. I hope you read this and choose to reply. I wonder if you and I are distantly related? Regards, MPrete

Marie,

I told Dad she past in June of 2011.

Philip Prete
caccuri1613

Post by caccuri1613 »

Hi,

First time on this site. It's nice to have a site like this.

My father and his brother (last name of Zavarelli) were born in Caccuri. My grandmother's maiden name was Secreto and was born in 1876 in Belvedere di Spinelli which I believe is not that far from Caccuri. She came over in 1907 with my father and his brother and settled in Washington, PA. However, she passed away in 1908. I was able to obtain her birth certificate (not original) as well as my father's birth certificate back in the 1970s. In those days, I sent a letter to the Italian Consulate and they in turn sent it to the area of interest. I received the information in Italian. I obtained my grandmother's death certificate from PA records in the US.

I am trying to find out if my grandmother had any brothers and sisters. I haven't been able to find anyone at this time even though I have searched the Ellis Island database plus other databases. According to my grandmother's death certificate, her father was a Paul Secreto and mother was Filomena Lacca. I don't believe that they came over to the US. In fact, I don't know if anyone came over from her family.

If anyone has any ideas or other contacts, I would appreciate hearing about it. I have called many Secretos in this country but they do not have much information that goes back to Italy.

Sam