rose cosenza italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
20 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

rose cosenza italy

Postby mire » 23 Jul 2004, 20:40

No one seems to know my great grandmother's name , my grandmother was carmela longo married to salvatore mammone and they lived in rose cosenza. my grandmother passed away in 1999. Her mother had passed away when she was a child. Her father was guiseppe longo. anyone with any information please respond. thanks
mire

Re: rose cosenza italy

Postby ricbru » 23 Jul 2004, 22:25

Hello,
you can read the name of your great-grandmother on your grandmother birth record. You can ask it to Comune di Rose

http://www.comune.rose.cs.it/

or to Cosenza State Archive

http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... COSENZA%22

or you can go to Family History Library and ask for Rose microfilm (civil records)

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... o+civile++

I hope it helps. Bye Riccardo
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ptimber » 24 Jul 2004, 01:07

I am sorry that you are reciving ppartially incorrect information from Ricbru who does not know that birth records are not available at the p;rovincial level but onlky at the comunal level. Further when writing for a birth record it has to be in itgalian which you can obtain thru a form letter (www.circolocalabrese.org) and include a self addressed envelope and $5.00 as suggested by the Mormon church. Further if you so wish you can gok to the nearest family history library nearest your home and rent out the micorfilm for Rose, Cosenza for a modest fee and research not only your Ggrandmother but your family back to 1809 and up to 1910 whiuch is what appears on the nicorilfilm of the civil records for Rose. If you decide to write for documents then send the form letter and envelope to Ufficio di Stato Civile, Comune di Rose, Postale 87040, Provincia Cosenza, Calabria. Italy. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ricbru » 24 Jul 2004, 15:08

Dear Peter,
from what you say, I can understand you never had the chance to write to State Archive in Italy. All the state archives in Italy keep all the civil records coming from the court house (after 70 years)
In Italy all the comunes have to write civil records twice, one copy is kept by the comune, and one copy goes to court house.
All the microfilm of FHL about Italian civil records are the pictures taken to civil records belonging to State Archive.
Dear Peter I know the Italian laws, and I don't give wrong information to listers.
Bye
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ptimber » 24 Jul 2004, 19:34

Dear Ricbru I was under the impression that only miliatry records are housed in the rovincial archives and released after 75 years. In all my readings of alternative record sources in Italy it states that the most readily available alternative sources of genealogical and historical information, including conscription and military records, notary records,census and tax assessments, university records and miscellaneous sources. If you have a source of information that states that Civil records of the comuine are also house in the provincial archives please provide me with the source, book, page and chapter. For my part I refer you to the book Italian Genealogical records by Trafford R. Cole, Chapter 9 ALTERNATIVE RECORD SOURCES. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby mire » 25 Jul 2004, 03:57

i just want to thank you both for your help . Mire :D
mire

Postby ricbru » 25 Jul 2004, 17:56

To Peter:
Here there are the Italian laws;

Decreto legislativo Legge 29 ottobre 1999, n. 490
Testo unico delle disposizioni legislative in materia di beni culturali e ambientali, a norma dell'articolo 1 della legge 8 ottobre 1997, n. 352

art 4a (documento dello Stato-bene archivistico; civil records are documento dello Stato)
art. 107-108-109;

http://www.gruppoarcheologicocalatino.o ... ambientali).htm

Other interesting laws regarding the research in the provincial State Archive are:
D.L. 281/99 art.1-2-8;D.L. 41/2004 art.122

Decreto del Presidente della Repubblica 30 settembre 1963, n. 1409 (in Gazz. Uff. 31 ottobre 1963, n. 285)
Norme relative all'ordinamento ed al personale degli archivi di Stato
art.21

d.P.R. 30 dicembre 1975, n. 854; artt. 1 e 6

Legge 241/90 (legge sulla trasparenza)

As Legge 241/90 civil records (private) after 70 years become public act and anyone can have a copy.

I hope it helps. Bye
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ptimber » 25 Jul 2004, 18:27

Dear Ricbru...DECRETI DECRETI in Italy DECRETI means that someone in italy has to auhtoriuze issuance of any document. So far all you gave me is Decreti and not reality. I will send an e-mail dirct to the Director/directress of the Archivio di Stato in Cosenza to verify that the Decreti will give me a copy of a birth record with a SIMPLE REQUEST. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ricbru » 25 Jul 2004, 18:38

Peter,
verify, not problem. I'm Italian, I was born in Italy, I always spoke Italian, if you don't trust me it is not my problem. First understand that decreti is one of the many types of italian law. I found the birth records of my ancestors in a state archive, and the civil records are the same of those in the microfilms of FHL. Have you ever entered in an Italian state Archive? Have you ever researche in an italian state archive?I don't think so. Bye
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ptimber » 25 Jul 2004, 18:46

Vediamo se uno negli stati unit puo fare domanda per un atto di nascita dal archivio di stato da una provncia o l'altro senza problemma.

Let us see if someone in the USA can request a copy of a birth record from a provincial archive just by writing a request for such a copy in Italian. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ricbru » 25 Jul 2004, 18:51

Peter,
spedisci la domanda con i dati esatti all'archivio di stato di cosenza e chiedi l'atto di nascita della signora che è nata a rose, sapendo la data di nascita. La legge 241/90 ti da il diritto di avere copia. E prima di parlare informati bene. Ciao
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ptimber » 25 Jul 2004, 19:20

Please write in english since the person who posterd this inquiry orginally may knot understand you. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby suanj » 25 Jul 2004, 19:23

Hi all:
Peter and Riccardo, I think are an mistaken of italian word atto=act and certificate= certificato.
The Italian Archivie of an province has civil registries of province's commons. Are same registries(birth, death, marriages=civil registries) of Common registries, and the Archivies send( for request) an copy of birth act (or death act, or militar act, or marriage act) but not send birth certificate! (or marriage, or death, or militar certificate) not are same thing, but are same principal info ! In copy of birth act from registries, are original info (exemple: first names and surname relatives, ages relatives, paternity relatives, address relatives, profession relatives, birth's witnesses first names and surnames, paternity's witnesses, profession's witnesses, age witnesses, residence's witnesses, first name child, birthdate child), this info are necessary for genealogic tree and for other, but this copy from original birth act of Archivies not are good for italian citizenship! For italian citizenship use are necessary birth certificate from Common and in this birth certificate are names and surnames relatives, place residence, name child, birthdate child).. this are difference for birth act and birth certficicate(estratto atto di nascita). For Commons not are possible offer copy birth act from original registries -for italian law in the matter-, this are sure!! For Commons are possible only offer birth certificate!
Hoping clear for all, and hoping peace between Peter and Riccardo, both my friends from gold heart!!!!
Hughs and kisses, suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ptimber » 25 Jul 2004, 19:50

Thanks Suanj for the clarification but the question is can anyubody request an Act or a birth record from the provincial archives in the same way you can when you write to the comune ??? This is the question. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ricbru » 25 Jul 2004, 20:43

Peter,
the answer is yes, because the act is older than 70 years old. No one from the state archive goes to look for if you are related somehow with the person of the birth act you are asking. Bye Riccardo
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Next

20 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

Return to Locations in Italy